Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
sunruner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sunruner Send a message via Yahoo to sunruner
'05 Reg Cab Tacoma 4x4, just how rare is this?

Seems the reg cab 4x4 is going the way of a gal of gas under $3.00. Been to several dealers who told me that it was non existant and to give up finding one. Finally found one dealer, a good distance from me who told me i could order one and have it within a few days. the conditions were, no color choice, no options choice, just what was available, since only 61 of these were destined for the northeast. it took approx 3 weeks to get delivery, which included sitting on the docks down in jersey for a week. it was then driven up to newburgh ny, amazingly without any damage to it. after picking it up at the dealership, i discovered it was built on aug 5, 05, a few days before i ordered it.

i am curious as to how many in this forum own one.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #2
Activator
AF Newbie

Word is that the 4 cyl/manual models are getting mighty hard to find!

There's a silver 05 regular cab, 4 cyl, 5 speed 4x4 available at Toyota North (in Mt. Kisco, NY). I almost bought it but at the last minute I found (and bought) an identical Xtra cab with the SR5 pkg. (Which is what I really wanted.)

I was a little worrried at first, but that little gas sipping 4 cyl has PLENTY of power... I'm very happy so far.
Activator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
03TRDTacoma
AF Regular

Re: '05 Reg Cab Tacoma 4x4, just how rare is this?

i almost bought an 05 Reg cab but i decided on the V6 and x-cab
03TRDTacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
sunruner
AF Newbie

i have had this 05 reg cab for about 4 weeks now. averaging about 24.5 mpg. as far as power goes on the 4cyl. its alot quicker and quieter than the previous 2.7l. so far, quite happy with my tac.
sunruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:26 AM   #5
03TRDTacoma
AF Regular

congrats. i wouldve bought one of those but i wanted the power of the V6 for the hills and towing.
03TRDTacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
GlocksRock
AF Newbie

I have an '04 Regular Cab 4x4 5 speed. It has plenty of balls for a 4 banger 4x4. I don't want to argue with you or anything Sunrunner, but I don't see how the 05 with the 2.7 can be "alot quicker and quieter than the previous 2.7". Sure the new 2.7 is a little more powerful, but it also weighs about 300 pounds more than the same configuration in the old bodystyle. It seems like that would negate the slight power difference between the two. I can't really say for sure, though, since I have not driven an '05 yet. Is your '05 an auto? Was the previous gen 2.7 you had or drove an auto? I have heard that the 2.7 with an auto can be a slug, especially with the extra weight of the extra cab. Gear ratios are also important. I have 4.30s in mine, not sure what the '05 has.
GlocksRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:58 PM   #7
sunruner
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlocksRock
I have an '04 Regular Cab 4x4 5 speed. It has plenty of balls for a 4 banger 4x4. I don't want to argue with you or anything Sunrunner, but I don't see how the 05 with the 2.7 can be "alot quicker and quieter than the previous 2.7". Sure the new 2.7 is a little more powerful, but it also weighs about 300 pounds more than the same configuration in the old bodystyle. It seems like that would negate the slight power difference between the two. I can't really say for sure, though, since I have not driven an '05 yet. Is your '05 an auto? Was the previous gen 2.7 you had or drove an auto? I have heard that the 2.7 with an auto can be a slug, especially with the extra weight of the extra cab. Gear ratios are also important. I have 4.30s in mine, not sure what the '05 has.

the previous 2.7L was with a manual trans as is with this one. what i am basing this on is the fact that where i live, there is a hill 7 miles long on the highway (rt 17 wurtsboro) the 02' could only climb that hill in 4th gear 55 mph max. the 05' does it in 5th gear at 65mph with enough power left over. gas mileage is also better in the 05' @ 24.5 highway in 2wd. the 02' averaged about 20 mpg. as far as quieter, well thats debatable, lol.

one point here that i will mention, a 2.7L in the access cab with automatic would be a slug.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma