Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 11:53 PM   #46
nai
AF Newbie

Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

I'll step up and admit that, yes, i'm the "spoiled brat" you all seem to refer as. My father first purchased a '95 Teal GS-R after his Fiero gave out after a decade (which performed nicely). Then after purchasing my sister her own Cavalier LS, Mustang GT & Matrix XRS, my twin sisters their own Matrix XRS and my mother Grand Am SE ('94, '99) & the Celica TRD, he finally treated himself to the RSX Type-S. After purchasing what he rightfully deserves, he passed down his old GSR to me (manual), unfortunately, because of my height, I couldn't reach the clutch properly (w/heels). So, we had to do the inevitable: trade it in for another car. I decided to trade it in for the only Integra on the Acura dealership, a '01 black GS. Of course this meant no VTECH, going down the pyramid of models, as well as an automatic transmission (father thought it would be best to get an automatic, that way I wouldn't have to worry about not reaching the clutch--clutches are actually twice as far as brake pedals).

"Daddy" paid for the difference after the trade-in as well as the missing clear coat, warranties and insurance (we agreed to put under my name, despite the high insurance rate as a new driver--about $2500).

I know i'm incredibly lucky to have daddy pay for "my" (his) car, rather than reality of purchasing something in my price range (Sprint, or 86 Celica). I offered to pay for insurance, however my father thought it would be best for me to save my money for university + medical school. I don't plan to ask for any money for my school tuition, and they know that & have agreed. I'm in senior year (17 yrs old), honor student, working 3 jobs trying to save money for tuition. I do have my own values and morals, so I hope most of you won't think I'm some horribly "spoiled brat" just because I didn't pay for "my" car myself.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #47
stacyRX
AF Newbie

Sorry to bring up a topic from January, but in a few days I'll have a 87 RX-7 and I'm paying for it all on my own, insurance, gas, and all. I like paying for mine myself too because it shows responsibility too.. Just wanted to chalk one up for the girls

And to nai, many props for paying for your own tuition!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:55 PM   #48
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

Send a message via AIM to AcesHigh
VTEC.

And this thread is pretty old.

1993 Mazda Rx-7 Touring
Ricer Extraordinaire
Old 02-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #49
*HondaAngel*
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to *HondaAngel* Send a message via Yahoo to *HondaAngel*

Well, I beleive i posted a long time ago, because this is always a reaccuring question... just like, do you work on your own cars? Which is another yes..

Anyways, I'm working my butt off at two jobs to pay for my car, insurence, gas and any other daily bill you can think of.... Anything that costs anything, i pay for... My parents WILL NOT help me out with money for my bills and especially not buying my car...
I'm still in the process of paying off my 92 Civic Hatch, which will hopefully be payed off by Summer... Then I hope to START my upgrades and save up to get a 240 that i can turn into a crazy ass drift machine!! lol!!

I have no help whatsoever... if somthing goes wrong i have to pay for the parts and fix it myself. And I wouldn't have it any other way. You dont learn how to appreciate things unless you have to work hard for them... not to say gifts arent nice but its the blood, sweat, and tears you have to go through to get it that makes it really yours...

And to all the girls that are given cars... No matter what anyone says, feel lucky... You are privilaged. I'm happy for you. The people that hate you for it are just jelous because they work so hard and all you have to do is be a daughter... theres nothing wrong with it but you have to expect that there will probably be some hostility there just cause thats what girls are known for. DRAMA! LOL...

Anyways, good luck to all you girl racers... All i have to say is LEARN! Never stop learning... Your knowledge is what you will be respected for, not daddys pretty car.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:25 AM   #50
lilsol
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Does rich daddy/boyfriend pay for your cute cars or do you actually work and earn them yourself? At a lot of shows around here it seems every girl with a nice ride has been swingin from a rich man's sack then brag about how cool her car is, and don't know anything about it... btw stripping doesn't count, that's not work.
I work for my toys, for the money to buy them and the money to fix them up. I bought my car wrecked with cash. And I've rebuilt it using cash. I'm in the military and we don't get paid squat.My car is my life. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I know how to use tools and how not to refer to them as "thingies", "doobobs" or by the noise they make when being used. I also don't need Engines for Dummies in order to change a spark plug or an intake. I admit I've gotten help when needed, therefore making my car as much my friends' as it is mine. But at the end of my work, I can put on a skirt, heels, paint my nails, do my hair and still say that the car I'm standing next to is all mine. Not all of us at shows are show girls and who are you to knock a hot chick with a hot car anyway?
Old 02-21-2004, 06:28 PM   #51
94 GS-R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 94 GS-R
Im a guy, and yes, my parents did buy me "my" car which was very generious of them, because i did wreck my sisters 95 Maxima GLE while driving with two friends down the highway totaling the car. Then i got two speeding tickets which really pissed them off. I paid both fines totaling $570 dollars.

My dad owns a used car dealership and when he bought the 94 GS-R i indeed fell in love and begged for the car. They gave me the car, paid for insurance and also gas. Now that iv started loading the car with goodies that i paid and installed myself their not liking it.

After relizing how much money i have "wasted" in my car they got mad and started BS'n how i should leave it that way it is and all that. My dad now decieded for me to make him a list of all the mods which he said hell pay back after he sells the car lol. So now i will be saving up money to pay for the car myself.

Moral of the story: Pay for your own ride unless your parents buy you a new benz or a beem3r lol.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #52
jenbo831
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jenbo831

Ok. Ill be 18 in less then a month and i just got my first car 2 days ago. Its a 90 integra with a B16A swap. and yea i earned the money and bought the thing myself. and by earning i dont mean stripping!! ill be payin for everything, the car, insurance, parts...everything! but if ur mommy and daddy buy your car. good for you. if i had that option i wouldnt say no...and none of you would! BUT when someone who bought their own car has a POS...you have no right to say nething! cuz obviously if it werent for ur parents you wouldnt have a car. i have a friend whos daddy bought him a 93 civic hb with an integra ls motor and all kinds of goodies and a brand new focus...and all he does is say stuff about other peoples cars..if ur like him do u have any idea how bad u look!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:08 AM   #53
marydoll
AF Newbie

Smile Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

I just bought my new 2004 Honda Accord V6 all by myself. I have been saving for 2 years! and have great credit for a 23 year old. I dont depend on no one, not no parents/grandparents AND not no guy. Im very proud of my hard work, and give props to any girl that has accomplished the same, its a great feeling.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:59 AM   #54
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marydoll
I just bought my new 2004 Honda Accord V6 all by myself. I have been saving for 2 years! and have great credit for a 23 year old. I dont depend on no one, not no parents/grandparents AND not no guy. Im very proud of my hard work, and give props to any girl that has accomplished the same, its a great feeling.
Much props to getting a brand spankin' new Accord V6 on your own. Did you get a coupe, or sedan? My aunt just last weekend got an '04 EX coupe, but 4-cylinder model with 5-speed.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 03-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #55
DriftGirl
AF Newbie

I've bought and paid for all of my cars on my own. Even my first car (95 Civic Coupe EX) which I needed a loan for, my mom co-signed but I made each and every payment along with paying out the insurance in full. I make sure that I stand on my own two feet.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #56
marydoll
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
Much props to getting a brand spankin' new Accord V6 on your own. Did you get a coupe, or sedan? My aunt just last weekend got an '04 EX coupe, but 4-cylinder model with 5-speed.
Yea it took a lot of patience and A lot of WAITING, but finally the fruits of my hardwork pay off!
I got the EX V6 Coupe (2 door) its a sweet ride, all black and shinny Im getting fog lights and lo jack installed as we speak, so for now I have a shitty rental car but cant wait to go pick it up. Also my uncle owns a rim shop, so ill be gettin' some sweet wheel s from him for a great Price; Thats the only thing I can say I may have some help on... but I'm still gonna pay for those rims, just a bit cheeper.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:36 AM   #57
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: Re: Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marydoll
Yea it took a lot of patience and A lot of WAITING, but finally the fruits of my hardwork pay off!
I got the EX V6 Coupe (2 door) its a sweet ride, all black and shinny Im getting fog lights and lo jack installed as we speak, so for now I have a shitty rental car but cant wait to go pick it up. Also my uncle owns a rim shop, so ill be gettin' some sweet wheel s from him for a great Price; Thats the only thing I can say I may have some help on... but I'm still gonna pay for those rims, just a bit cheeper.
Can't be mad at that though, hookups are a grand thing.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 03-21-2004, 11:50 AM   #58
marydoll
AF Newbie

Oh Yea Hookups Are A Great Thing Indeed!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #59
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

heres somethin i kno ull like... even though hes not a girl... this kid just got his license right, 16 his parents get him a brand knew celica gts, w/ trd package so hes got the body kit and everything... within a month i find out that he totaled it... so like a week later i see 2 yet again brand knew tiburons on his lot... one red one white... i asked him... they are BOTH his.. JUST INCASE HE CRASHES AGAIN... so far he has a wide body kit, knew rims, shocks, struts, spoiler, colored interior, new sound system, carbon fibre hood, lambo style doors, one of those cool things that starts your car up when u push the button (i like those ), and i kno hes got some performance mods as well.... well anyways, i kno that he didnt pay for it cause he doesnt even have a job... and well... his parents have a lotus esprit and a diablo ... figures dont it as they are both doctors...
Old 03-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #60
marydoll
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Re: How many of you girls buy your own cars?

WOW! That really pisses me off . Some people really dont know the value of a dollar.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot