Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
wmrivera
AF Newbie

2006 Town & Country Transmission Reverse Problems

My 2006 van just started having an issue when I try to put it into reverse. When I shift into reverse, it feels like it goes in smoothly, but when i press the gas, nothing happens. If the van is parked level, and I let off the brake, it inches back like it is in reverse. Forward works fine. I have been searching on the internet, and the only thing I can find is a reference to the "shift linkage bearings" being bad. Can't find anywhere that tells me what or where they are. When I look under the van, I see a place where fluid may have leaked, but I checked the transmission fluid and it is full, and there has been no fluid on the driveway. I'll answer any questions you want to ask me about this van.
wmrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Scrapper
AF Premium User

Re: 2006 Town & Country Transmission Reverse Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmrivera View Post
My 2006 van just started having an issue when I try to put it into reverse. When I shift into reverse, it feels like it goes in smoothly, but when i press the gas, nothing happens. If the van is parked level, and I let off the brake, it inches back like it is in reverse. Forward works fine. I have been searching on the internet, and the only thing I can find is a reference to the "shift linkage bearings" being bad. Can't find anywhere that tells me what or where they are. When I look under the van, I see a place where fluid may have leaked, but I checked the transmission fluid and it is full, and there has been no fluid on the driveway. I'll answer any questions you want to ask me about this van.
have you tried checking the hose on tranny module and see if it's got fluid in it if fluid is in the rubber hose that means module unless it's built in to the tranny it's self. but it's sounds like clutch bands are woren may need rebuilt unless like i say the module.

good luck.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote