Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Excursion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:22 AM   #31
integra818
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to integra818 Send a message via Yahoo to integra818
Re: Excursion Discontinued

This looks like a thread you would find at supercars.net

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to that site and you'll know.
integra818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #32
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Excursion Discontinued

[quote=martman]Thanks, it is kind of fun. Hey I read last week that the VW touareg will be in europe with a V10 turbo diesel, but no in north america, how come they get all the new cool stuff.[quote]

actually i do believe the v10 diesel in the touareg, i off course could be wrong. the cool thing is that the diesel touareg has a better 0-60 time then the gas v8, according to Car and Driver, or maybe it was Motor Trend. one good thing for excursions, we use ours to haul around the family during our once a year family reunion, its a lot better then using 2 or 3 cars, and we use it to haul a boat, i just hate ppl who make blind statements like SUV'S suck, or lowered civics suck, they may look bad according to u but the have their strong points.

this last statement might be kind of hypocritical of me after u see my sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
RedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #33
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

As one of the largest SUVs on the road, the Excursion has drawn criticism from environmental groups because of its 10 to 12 miles per gallon fuel economy. The Sierra Club dubbed the vehicle the Ford Valdez, saying it was as bad for the environment as the Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1990.

Fuel economy improved last year when the company began offering a new diesel engine in the Excursion. Diesels now make up more than half of all Excursion sales, and those vehicles average 19 miles per gallon. Harmon said Ford will continue producing both gasoline and diesel Excursions this year, but it may switch to diesel-only Excursions if it keeps the vehicle around for the 2006 model year.

they fail though to mention the 7.3 liter diesel, the first one in the eXcursion, it makes 15/15.5 miles to the gallon, funny thing is we pulled our boat(R.I.P) with it and noticed no change in fuel economy.
Quote:
Old 02-17-2004, 01:46 PM   #34
us_carfan
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to us_carfan

I don't know how to say it ... anyways , these days I've seen in Constanta, ROMANIA a Ford , a huge one. Untill now I had seen many big cars like F-150, Hummer H1/H2, and Ford Expedition. I have a passion for big cars (especially american models). When I saw this car (Excursion) i was amazed of its size, it's absolutely beautifull , a huge car on my taste. I can't compare it with any other car that I know and I've saw it by now. I'm sad to read this now that the production will stop soon (or are just rumours?).
us_carfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:34 PM   #35
anarkist61
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to anarkist61 Send a message via MSN to anarkist61
Re: Re: Re: Re: Excursion Discontinued

[quote=Um...Nameless Dork][quote=martman]Thanks, it is kind of fun. Hey I read last week that the VW touareg will be in europe with a V10 turbo diesel, but no in north america, how come they get all the new cool stuff.
Quote:

actually i do believe the v10 diesel in the touareg, i off course could be wrong. the cool thing is that the diesel touareg has a better 0-60 time then the gas v8, according to Car and Driver, or maybe it was Motor Trend. one good thing for excursions, we use ours to haul around the family during our once a year family reunion, its a lot better then using 2 or 3 cars, and we use it to haul a boat, i just hate ppl who make blind statements like SUV'S suck, or lowered civics suck, they may look bad according to u but the have their strong points.

this last statement might be kind of hypocritical of me after u see my sig.
You're no a hypocrite, trust me. The best thing about this hobby (cars) is you can like whatever you want to!!. I tend to like V8's and big cars but also have a soft spot for various imports. OK, I admit it, cars are an addiction, all kinds!!
anarkist61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #36
anarkist61
AF Regular

Re: Re: Excursion Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by us_carfan
I don't know how to say it ... anyways , these days I've seen in Constanta, ROMANIA a Ford , a huge one. Untill now I had seen many big cars like F-150, Hummer H1/H2, and Ford Expedition. I have a passion for big cars (especially american models). When I saw this car (Excursion) i was amazed of its size, it's absolutely beautifull , a huge car on my taste. I can't compare it with any other car that I know and I've saw it by now. I'm sad to read this now that the production will stop soon (or are just rumours?).
The story at this point is that originally Ford was discontinueing it after 2004. Apparently they've changed their minds and are now continuing it til 2005 possibly 2006. YIPPEEE!!!
After that they're replacing it with a lameduck extended Excursion. Oh well!!
Personally I like the Excursion better as since adding an independent rear suspension the Expedition like so many has been turned into a car.
I believe in "to each his own" but more and more I see that there are fewer and fewer "real" trucks anymore. When I drive a truck, I like a TRUCK!! When I want a car, I'll drive a car.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:48 PM   #37
anarkist61
AF Regular

The latest on the Excursion is:
Originally 2004 was the last year due to lack of sales, (NOT due to ecoweenies persistant whining!! HAHA).
NOW, Ford Division Boss Steve Lyons has just announced that it will be continued at least until 2005, perhaps longer, IF it sells enough units.
The stretched Expedition will STILL be out around 2006, even if the Excursion's still around. Not that I care as the Expedition is a car and the Excursion is a TRUCK!! Period. it's sad that due to the "SUV" craze that trucks are being diluted but then again the car companies are going to build what people want and I can't blame them for that.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:05 AM   #38
dpetdog99
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_4.4i
As for the T/A, its got the 6.6L Pontiac 400, not the Buick engine - all original, never rebuilt or anything. I still have the original tires.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! One of my buddies dad has a '69 GTO with a 400. It's not a Judge, but he put stickers on it anyway because he likes the way they look. Hey, more power to him, most people won't know the difference.

Did I type something funny? I dunno. I agree with anarkist61 too, even though we may not like certain cars, or certain types of vehicles, and we may say stupid things at times about it, without any shred of evidence to back it up, we all like cars. That's the common denominator, and it sure makes bickering about it kind of fun!!

Dang, I need a good paying job now to get one of these puppies before they become extinct.

Have a good one!!

Dan
dpetdog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #39
Estrela
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Re: Excursion Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
As one of the largest SUVs on the road, the Excursion has drawn criticism from environmental groups because of its 10 to 12 miles per gallon fuel economy. The Sierra Club dubbed the vehicle the Ford Valdez, saying it was as bad for the environment as the Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1990.

Fuel economy improved last year when the company began offering a new diesel engine in the Excursion. Diesels now make up more than half of all Excursion sales, and those vehicles average 19 miles per gallon. Harmon said Ford will continue producing both gasoline and diesel Excursions this year, but it may switch to diesel-only Excursions if it keeps the vehicle around for the 2006 model year.

they fail though to mention the 7.3 liter diesel, the first one in the eXcursion, it makes 15/15.5 miles to the gallon, funny thing is we pulled our boat(R.I.P) with it and noticed no change in fuel economy.
Thanks so much. I am in the process of buying a new vehicle and was giving up on the Excursion since I heard they were going to be discontinued. I will definately be buying one now...
Estrela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:36 PM   #40
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkist61
The latest on the Excursion is:
Originally 2004 was the last year due to lack of sales, (NOT due to ecoweenies persistant whining!! HAHA).

Well ppl may have stopped buying them b/c of econoweenies. Oh, why do the ecoweenies only go after suv's it seems? They never go after pickups, boats(which get such bad fuel economy noone rates them), sports cars, or common yard equipment that pollute extremely bad?
Quote:
Old 04-18-2004, 11:44 AM   #41
anarkist61
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
Well ppl may have stopped buying them b/c of econoweenies. Oh, why do the ecoweenies only go after suv's it seems? They never go after pickups, boats(which get such bad fuel economy noone rates them), sports cars, or common yard equipment that pollute extremely bad?

They say not to do any "unneccessay" driving and then board a CRUISE ship on their vacations!!! Now THAT's wasteful!! HAHAHA.
Like you said, these people have an agenda and the automobile is an easy target. 40 years of brainwashing the public tends to work huh???
Oh well. WE can enjoy this hobby while we still have one, that's why we're here right?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:00 PM   #42
97chevyman
AF Enthusiast

also, those excursions can off road. Do you know how much torque a 4r100 can handle. How about a sterling 10.5, or a BW-1446. If you do not know what i am talking about, you shouldn't here. Next idiot that tells me a excursion can not mud should be shot or gaged by my nice big cloud of diesel fumes coming from my oil burner, take that tree hugger.
97chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:27 PM   #43
dxrflyboy
AF Regular

Flames aside, Excursions do have their place. What other vehicle, besides the Suburban, can carry 9 people and tow a camper?? Or a boat?? Or a horse trailer?? An F-Series (or any pickup for that matter) may be able to tow as much or more, but can't match the passenger capacity. And you can't get a diesel in a Suburban anymore. Anyway, they're still around in '04, but not a big seller (at least not where I work).
dxrflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:42 PM   #44
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Excursion Discontinued

[quote=anarkist61]They say not to do any "unneccessay" driving and then board a CRUISE ship on their vacations!!! Now THAT's wasteful!! HAHAHA.QUOTE]

dang my family is terrible, we jump into the Excursion drive down to the lake pic up the boat then launch it and drive that!!! think of all the gas/diesel we waste!!!
Quote:
Old 04-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #45
anarkist61
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Excursion Discontinued

[quote=Um...Nameless Dork]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkist61
They say not to do any "unneccessay" driving and then board a CRUISE ship on their vacations!!! Now THAT's wasteful!! HAHAHA.QUOTE]

dang my family is terrible, we jump into the Excursion drive down to the lake pic up the boat then launch it and drive that!!! think of all the gas/diesel we waste!!!

Now THAT sounds like fun!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Excursion