Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #16
videobruce
AF Newbie

Re: Food For thought - North American Vs. Import

Quote:
IMHO it's the unions that are bankrupting GM and Ford. I'm about the most anti-union guy you can find.
Just what we need, another Reagan-Bush POS!

Blame it on the working man. Never on the upper class management with their two hour luch hour, 4 day a week job (1/2 day on Monday and another 1/2 day on Friday).

Why is ti you upper class types can make $100k, $200k a year, but when someone that actually works is making, say $75k, it's too much and you blame him?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
johnholl
AF Regular

I think if you stay with Toyota or Honda your okay...But I wouldn't plunk down good money on a Hyundi or Kia or VW or anything British My opinioin.

I go to the junk yard for my parts.
johnholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #18
Seneca_Tiger
AF Newbie

I own a Malibu (actually my wife does) and, to be honest, I'm done with the American front-wheel-drive sedans. This car hasn't been all that bad yet but it has had the dreaded intake manifold gasket problem. There is no excuse for a company to make the same engine for 12 years and not be able to fix a simple problem like that. I have a Chevrolet truck and it has been good, as have most GM V8 engines that I am aware of. I know too many people who have had Toyotas and Hondas go several hundred thousand miles without problems. Not sure about Kia or Hyundai, and wouldn't buy a VW with someone else's money.
Seneca_Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #19
Streetwise
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Streetwise

I work at a GM Dealership, All GM and all brands used from trade ins. The biggest hurdle we have is everyone misconception of foreign vs. demestic gas mileage. The fact is There's isn't that dramatic of a difference if at all. We also service any GM warrantied vehicle. My point is your aren't saving any money on gas by getting a Toyota or Honda, and you have to drive an hour to find a shop who will touch it. Maybe it's my American pride, but damn it, I just like working on Chevy's!
Streetwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #20
klieu
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise
I work at a GM Dealership, All GM and all brands used from trade ins. The biggest hurdle we have is everyone misconception of foreign vs. demestic gas mileage. The fact is There's isn't that dramatic of a difference if at all. We also service any GM warrantied vehicle. My point is your aren't saving any money on gas by getting a Toyota or Honda, and you have to drive an hour to find a shop who will touch it. Maybe it's my American pride, but damn it, I just like working on Chevy's!
people keep remembering in the '80, just drive Toyota 4Runner and will see
klieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #21
PTG1212
AF Regular

American cars are much more reliable today than in the past. I think the turning point started back in 2001-2002 timeframe. Now if I based my decision off my 2001 Malibu, I'd never buy American again. If I based it off my 2002 Taurus, which has been an incredibly reliable and solid car, I'd have no problem buying American cars.

The Malibu isn't the worst car I've ever owned, but it suffers from too many cost compromises that Chevy made that bit the consumers in the backside (or wallet).
PTG1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #22
Streetwise
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Streetwise

The nice thing is you have a choice. I'm partial to chevy because I own all chevys. There are pros and cons for every car, but if you know what to look for, you can practice preventive maintenance. 2000 Malibu w/ 132,000, runs fine and doesn't drip a drop of fluid. Knock on wood.
Streetwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #23
67chevypickup
AF Newbie

the true proof of which is better, how often do you see classic american cars and trucks? EVERY DAY. now how often do you see anything made in japan from 30-40 years ago? NEVER. japanese vehicles are 5 year through away vehicles
67chevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevypickup
.. japanese vehicles are 5 year through away vehicles
Korean cars from some years back were throw-aways. There hasn't been a Japanese, 5yrs & junk pile vehicle in the US in over 30yrs. I don't buy Toyota, Honda, etc because of their proud pricing. As long as GM, Ford & Chrysler remain cost effective (Used), I'll keep buying them.

Joel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu