Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 12:53 AM   #1
James Coogler
AF Newbie

94 LWB Country PLEASE HELP!

Let me just say nice forum guy's!

Here' my problem.......I ran my RR out of gas today or at least i thought I did. The fuel light was on and it died while ideling. So, I added 10 gal of fuel to the tank. It still wouldn't start. I pulled the fuel pump cover and check power to the pump....No power!

I checked the fuses.....No fuses blown. I'm not sure about a relay though.And I have no way of telling which relay it would be.

Here something that really puzzels me though.

I hot wired the fuel pump.....It worked fine.It was getting fuel to the injection rack.But it still will not run. It acts like the injectors are not pulsing.

I can poor fuel into the intake and it starts fine,it just won't run.

Is there a reset I'm missing or what?

I've been mechanicing for years....But this RR has got me stumped.Not to mention,this is my first RR. So they are new to me.

Thanks for any help in advance!

james
James Coogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
mizzmelody2u
AF Newbie

Re: 94 LWB Country PLEASE HELP!

You might check the Mass Air Flow Sensor.

Good luck!
mizzmelody2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
glenncof
AF Regular

I had a 1991 RR that had this problem. It was the crash-disconnect switch under driver seat that cut power to the pump. Small black box with a rest button on top.
glenncof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
James Coogler
AF Newbie

Thanks guy's........It was one of the fuel relays under the passenger seat. I finally narrowed it down by listening to the relays that would click of and on when you turned the key to the number II position.

Now I have another problem......I'm getting fuel, getting fire, but it will not start. Could this be the idle air controller? I checked to see if it had jumped time.....The timing is good, no problem there.

Thanks for the previous replies!

james
Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
glenncof
AF Regular

Not AIC. Putting your foot on the throttle will do the same as AIC. If you have been cranking and getting fuel at some point you need to floor acclerator while cranking to get max air as engine will build up too much gas vapor in cylinders.

Assuming you have been using the vehicle for awhile without incident, it is extremely rare that there would be two 'unrelated' problems occuring at the same time.

That means it could be a related problem or you did not fix the right problem (I can say that because I have done it also).

If you have not had the vehicle very long, check service records for a tune-up if there was any start-related issues before. If not a problem before, dismiss this but take a look under dist cap/rotor, maybe pull a plug and check gap & for gas, inspect wires for cracking.

Also see: http://www.rangerovers.net/rremedies.htm for advice/parts sources.
glenncof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
James Coogler
AF Newbie

Okay.......One thing I was wondering about was the vacume line coming from the AIC block, going to the fuel pressure regulater. I thought it may not be letting enough fuel to the injecters.

Heres something else intresting........I've pulled the rotor/rotor cap cleaned the contacts, pulled the plugs and cleaned them, tried a different coil. I get the same amount of fire each time. Even with a little help from starting fluid, it wont even try to start!

I did recheck the fuel relays. They are working fine. The pump is comeing on and putting fuel to the rack. The plugs have been dry everytime I pull them though.

I made sure the cam was turning, and the valves are opening. I ordered some manuals finally. I did find out that the year model I have is an oddball one. So, this may make thing a little more intresting.

Thanks for the link and the info buddy. Please if you have anymore help, give it.

Thanks again,
james
Old 10-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
James Coogler
AF Newbie

Well, I change the plugs, ignition coil, Fuel injection computer. Still a no go! I'm getting a good blue flame now. I'm lost!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque