Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #31
Dobbskel
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dobbskel Send a message via Yahoo to Dobbskel
Exclamation Re: See ya later POS Malibu

ya, you should have to change them. but not when you only have 40,000 miles on the car. and 3 times before 100,000. battery was probably a fluke, but when you add up all the problems that you have with GM cars today. It equals junk, no if ands or buts. I think the people that run GM should be imbearest with themselves for running a good company name in to the ground. Infact if GM was not here tommarrow, I think that it would only be missed by all the people that worked there trying to raise a family. kind of like Enron!!!!
Dobbskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #32
tractorboy
AF Regular

Re: See ya later POS Malibu

You know I still have not experienced what everybody else has gone wrong with their Malibus on this forum. I think it is sort of like a Doctor complaining that they only see sick people. Chevrolet , back 20 years ago had some quality issues. I worked for GM back then and we use to get cars in in all kinds of conditions. Also don't forget about the Vega. I beleive it had an aluminum block and the cylinders had no sleeves, sort of like a lawn mower.
Back then the UAW looked at this way, you got mad at GM, you bought a Ford, you got mad at ford you then bought a Dodge....etc,, you were still buying a UAW product. Then the imports changed the whole equation.

Yes I agree that the lower intake gasket manifold is unfortunate. I just can not see these ppl saying they lost their engine or what ever.... did't they ever think ,,, hey what is that dripping under my car. or did they never look under the hood while getting gas to check levels ? I still would rather have a Chevy any day of the week.
By the way where I live ,, I see a lot of new Malibus and a lot of new Impalas, everyday more than any other car manufacturer and I must say they look great. Where I work out of the 20 - 30 cars in the lot , there are 3 Impalas, 4 counting mine. Something else to that bugs me about Japanesse cars. When I went to buy my 2003 Impala I went to Toyota to test drive a Camry. I opened the hood , the motor did not look like a motor, just a bunch of stamped out metal parts. I know that is insignificant, it matters to me. I have also seen a couple of the new Malibu hatchbacks or station wagons and they look great. If I was going to buy a car tomorrow I would buy anothe GM product without hesitation.
tractorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #33
Hark
AF Newbie

Re: See ya later POS Malibu

Everyone obviously has their own opinion - but you totally missed the boat on my vehicles because of what was paid. In a college town, you can sometimes pick up a car real cheap - when they look bad and break down - kids just want to get rid of them and get another - and the repairs needed were minimal - a week-ends work and they were on the road again. One GM vehicle with over 250,000 miles and another with over 150,000 - both not taken care of until I got them - and they still ran great . And as far as them not being safe - my daughter drove hers for 5 years so if safety was a problem - I would have thought something would have happened during those 5 years.

If you are still not a believer - last summer I bought my younger daughter a 92 Bonneville with 140,000 - and I did actually pay more than $500 - but not much - the sellers had gotten an outrageous estimate for labor to replace a $45 part - not knowing how to fix it themself - they sold it. Ran a code check, replaced the $45 part and put on new struts and it's still going strong over a year later - you just have to be willing to do your own work.

I also have a 2000 Buick with 90,000 on it and the only problem I've had was tranmission that held out until 85,000 - and then just repairs - it didn't need totally replaced.

I used to buy Fords and after the Taurus constantly downshifting on the interstate, headlights and wipers starting and stopping madly, and the compressor catching on fire - I'll take a GM over a Ford anyday. Ok and if you are still reading for lack of anything better to do - my brand new employer supplied $65,000 Ford work truck is only 4 months old and the AC already quit - Everyone has their lemons.

Oh and by the way - when I got ready to get rid of my high mileage GM cars and upgrade to a shinier toy - I found a home for them within a week and got my money back and then some - Buyers didn't seem to care if there were any dead bodies in the trunk either.
Hark is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu