Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
NovaRally77
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NovaRally77 Send a message via MSN to NovaRally77
Unhappy 94 Alty Dies and wont start, HELP!!!

I have a 1994 Nissan Altima GXE, 2.4L 4 Cylinder, with 5 Speed manual tranny, and 147000 miles on it. It will start up and idle like a champ. If you drive it, it will sputter slightly but it is random, it doesn't consistenly sputter or run smooth. After 20 Minutes it will die. Once it dies it will not start back up for several hours. I have replaced the air filter, fuel filter, ignition coil, control module, fuel pressure regulator, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor button. I have run out of ideas and am growing more aggitated as it is going on three months that it has been broken down. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
DJPII
NovaRally77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
x1gary
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to x1gary Send a message via MSN to x1gary Send a message via Yahoo to x1gary
change your crank sensors.... one might be bad... it shuts the engine off after it gets warmed ... and it starts when the engine, is cooled. i had the same problem...
Old 02-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
NovaRally77
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NovaRally77 Send a message via MSN to NovaRally77
Lightbulb

Well a new idea is always appreciated...I thought that the crank sensor was a part that was only on the newer 98-01 models, which I believe do not have a distributor, not sure on that but that is how I understand it. How many crank sensors are there? Where are they? And how or where can I get them? I asked at auto zone and their computer says "not yet available". IDK, any more help would be great. BTW...thanks for the post!

***After a little bit more research on the internet, and in my trusty Haynes manual, I have found that only the 1995 and later models are equipped with the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Therefore, your 1996 would be equipped with that particular part and my 1994 would not be. Bad news for me...Well if you come up with any other ideas, let me know. Thanks again for the idea!

Last edited by NovaRally77; 02-15-2005 at 12:42 PM.
NovaRally77 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima