Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: The Evo VI or the R34?
Evo VI 28 27.18%
R34 75 72.82%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 07:10 PM   #76
Twist
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
I don't think he's driven those cars.... he lives in kentucky or somethin
He does now, but I think he spent a few years in Nippon, the land of the rising sun. Man I wish I was there right now!

Old 11-09-2001, 07:19 PM   #77
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

matty G: the EVO shares hardly any parts with the Lancer... i read somewhere that they only share like 2 or 3 parts that aren't all that important... the rest of it is TOTALLY different, the only thing is the appearance is similar

but i'd still take an R34 over it any day :smoker2:
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-09-2001, 07:39 PM   #78
MattyG
AF Enthusiast

Fair point Gang$starr - maybe i didn't express it correctly but my main gripe in my post about the EVO is its appearance - I would have no complaints about the performance if I was fortunate enough o own one.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:29 PM   #79
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
GTR all the way baby. Yes, I have to admit, the Evo is tight but its outclassed. Well, depending on what kind of race we are talking about here. Normal street drags, the Evo gets eaten, Road race track, the Evo gets eaten, Rally.... Hmmm need I even say who will win? Damn little dirt throwin Evos. Joking, I don't wanna piss any one off here :P I just happen to like skylines for the simple fact that they can be tuned to 500+bhp SOOOOO easiely. And they have the AWD system to get that to the ground. Check out Mario's skyline at http://www.exvitermini.com/ and you will see just what a nice little modded skyline does.
True, it may be big, but that doesn't seem to bother it any :P
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 11-13-2001, 01:49 PM   #80
mmcc
AF Regular

not too piss anybody off here, but this is my opinion.

If they are both stock, in a 1/4 mile, i think the evo will win. IT's lighter.

but if they are ktted up, i would go for the GTR..!

=)
Old 11-13-2001, 02:22 PM   #81
Spec2 Girl
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Spec2 Girl Send a message via AIM to Spec2 Girl
I'd go for the GTR. But it all depends on what you want the car for. If you want a rally car, then the EVO would definitely be the way to go. If you want a car for the open road then the GTR would win hands down.

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t

Old 11-13-2001, 04:11 PM   #82
dejoux
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dejoux
I choose GTR cause Evo is too common

One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Old 11-13-2001, 05:42 PM   #83
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mmcc
not too piss anybody off here, but this is my opinion.

If they are both stock, in a 1/4 mile, i think the evo will win. IT's lighter.

but if they are ktted up, i would go for the GTR..!

=)
stock for stock the evo beats the GTR in the 1/4..... but if it's longer than a 1/4 mile than the evo is finished.. cause after the GTR gets into 3rd gear it takes off (at about 100mph, goodby evo) you can tell on acceleration stats, at aroun 80mph the GTR starts catchin up, then once it hits 100
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-13-2001, 07:10 PM   #84
Twist
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
stock for stock the evo beats the GTR in the 1/4..... but if it's longer than a 1/4 mile than the evo is finished.. cause after the GTR gets into 3rd gear it takes off (at about 100mph, goodby evo) you can tell on acceleration stats, at aroun 80mph the GTR starts catchin up, then once it hits 100
A man who knows his facts! My opinion is that it comes down to personal opinion. Rally cars are built for quick acceleration and relatively low top speeds. Evo's are rally cars (or at least rally derived). Touring cars are obviously designed for touring, high speed and power. The GTR is one of these cars. Go with what you like, they're both great cars!! :silly2:

Old 11-14-2001, 12:02 AM   #85
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog
Re: hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by lancerz
I read somewhere that in Japan every performance car is compared to the GT-R...why is this?

Is the GT-R "the God" over there? :help:
It's referred to as "God of Fighters" or "Battle God" - depending on who does the translating, and how Japlish you want it to come out

Again, it's all down to what you want to do with your car. The idea behind the GTR is basically to be the fastest way between two points on a race-track, which translates fairly well to open road. The EVO is of course designed to get muddy. So they're really two completely different cars, and I don't think you can really compare them

...that said, I voted for the GTR, of course

1996 R33 series 2 GTS25t coupe 173 rwkw
Old 11-14-2001, 06:06 AM   #86
GTS-4 Ben
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
Yeah and even though the EVO would win in the 1/4 stock for stock.. it would take a hell of alot less to get the GTR doing lower times than the EVO.

EVO over 600HP, got a few Million dollars..
Old 11-15-2001, 03:58 PM   #87
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by GTS-4 Ben

EVO over 600HP, got a few Million dollars..
It won't take a million to get an EVO to 600hp!! i bet you could get any sports/performance car to 600hp with under $50,000.... under $100,000 for sure
Old 11-15-2001, 05:56 PM   #88
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog
Quote:
Originally posted by GTS-4 Ben
Yeah and even though the EVO would win in the 1/4 stock for stock..
Well....Mr RazorGTSt beat an EVO VI in his GTSt

1996 R33 series 2 GTS25t coupe 173 rwkw
Old 11-15-2001, 09:34 PM   #89
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Yea! Score one more for Godzilla
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 11-16-2001, 03:54 AM   #90
GTS-4 Ben
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
Umm GTS-T isn't Godzilla buddy... and well I have beaten EVO 6's and , 3's and 1's in my GTS-4.... but dosn't mean my car is "faster" they just can't drive for shit....