Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 08:49 PM   #16
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Water Cylinder Decarbonizing... Should I?

Next time just grab hold of the throttle linkage in the engine compartment and do it so you can vary the throttle.
BlazerLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #17
wolfox
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to wolfox

I just did this after a spark plug and ingition tune-up on the truck. I guess the engine was pretty clean, just a bit of steam came out with just a few drops of black gunk. I used the PCV breather tube with the rubber boot left on it with a length of very thick aquarium air hose trailing in back through the passenger window. I sat in the shade, comfy and cool, sucking up half a gallon of distilled water from the driver's seat where I could watch the gagues.

Very slight improvement in pedal response - must of blew some junk out of the cat though. Truck sounds a little meaner through the FloPro exhaust and 2.25 pipes. Took it for a little spin down the highway to burn off any water that may have been hiding in there.

Pulled a 12-70 rolling, uphill haul on the entrance ramp returning to town - she got up there in a REAL hurry as compared to before. So it did some good here like it did on my other, older vehicles. Thanks for your help and documentation BlazerLT!
wolfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #18
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

No problem!
BlazerLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #19
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Just bumping this up for guys that have a pinging problem and want a possible solution.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 AM   #20
Chuky66
AF Newbie

I've done this on older carbed cars with lots of miles on them. One guy looked at me like I was nuts when I went ot pouring water into his carb on his 65 mustang. You can actually feel the carbon deposits peppering your hand out the exhaust when a car/truck has straight pipes. Think of it like putting a really cold glass in hot water. It will break!! The carbon will cool quickly and break off the pistons, plugs, and valves. If the engine is leaking compression due to carbon build-up on the valves, this is a possible quick fix.
If you cleaned off the hard carbon, now I would run some type of injector/valve cleaner to get the soft stuff that hasn't been burnt yet off the valves!! Before it's carbon again. If this tricked helped you a lot, you might want to check your valve stem seals. They may be brittle and causing oil to get by them? If it didn't help much. Good!
Just 2 more cents.

Chuck
Chuky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:46 PM   #21
Cailen
AF Enthusiast

I think water decarbonizing is a great idea... I'm gonna get off my lazy ass and do it this weekend.

Just for the sake of discussion, LT mentioned that you should ONLY do this on a warm engine. I spoke to a highly experienced mechanic who said you should only do it from cold. Neither he nor LT have provided any reasoning why. Thoughts? Opinions? ...Facts? :P
If you would pull your f ing head out of your f ing ass and read the f ing thread, you will see that I posted the most common f ing cause in f ing post # 4 and Swalt followed it up with more f ing details in f ing post # 8. From what we f ing posted you should be able to f ing realize that if you have two new f ing tires on the f ing front and two raggedy ass f ing tires on the f ing back... that is probably causing your f ing bang. Try not to be such a tool. Can you do that, Thank you. f head!
Cailen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #22
Gabe25
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Water Cylinder Decarbonizing... Should I?

LT, Right on. Sound just like old school again. Thats how I use to clean out my carbs on my "77" Nova. I forgot all about that. I'm going to have to do that to my Blazers next. Thanks for jarring my memory.

My Fleet

Gabe25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #23
Chuky66
AF Newbie

If the engine was cold how would you get the steam? You really want the water to vaporize a bit before it reaches the chamber, thus you need a warmed up intake. I would use bottled water too if you have hard water.
Just don't pour ice water in it!!!!!
Ask your machanic if he can rebuild a carb? If he can, he's old school!!
Chuck
Chuky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #24
Cailen
AF Enthusiast

Don't know... I'll have to go ask him why he mentioned it should be done cold. Somehow I don't think it would have any problem vaporizing the water cold though. And no, I wouldn't think of using anything besides distilled.. we have a bad hard water problem here.

He's told me about some of the engines he's rebuilt and he's done some impressive stuff. Doesn't compare to the 3 barrel my friend rebuilt for his Pontiac 400 though. That car is going to be sooooo sexy when it's finished.
If you would pull your f ing head out of your f ing ass and read the f ing thread, you will see that I posted the most common f ing cause in f ing post # 4 and Swalt followed it up with more f ing details in f ing post # 8. From what we f ing posted you should be able to f ing realize that if you have two new f ing tires on the f ing front and two raggedy ass f ing tires on the f ing back... that is probably causing your f ing bang. Try not to be such a tool. Can you do that, Thank you. f head!
Cailen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:04 AM   #25
tstewart
AF Newbie

I tried the water injection on my 2001 with 139K miles. I was getting some rattling during heavy acceleration. I made an adapter to allow connection of a short piece of a vacum hose to the PCV hose. I stuck an old motorcycle mikuni caburator main jet into the end of the hose. The jet opening is very tiny. I was able to stick to hose directly into the water.

The water was injected at a slow controled rate. It worked quite well. I used about 1 1/2 quarts of distilled water. Most of the pinging is now gone.
tstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:04 AM   #26
cleanshavenrsx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cleanshavenrsx Send a message via MSN to cleanshavenrsx

i dont feel confortable pouring water in my motor... wouldnt the gunk flush take care of all that?
cleanshavenrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:45 AM   #27
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Re: Water Cylinder Decarbonizing... Should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanshavenrsx
i dont feel confortable pouring water in my motor... wouldnt the gunk flush take care of all that?
You have to look beyond thinking water...bad......no water....good type of mentality.

Small portions of water in a controlled environment will do no harm and actually will do one hell of a lot of good if done properly.

It is a safe and byproduct free way to decarbonize your cylinders.

Gunk cleans your oil system, not the carbon on your piston head and you valves.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #28
cleanshavenrsx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cleanshavenrsx Send a message via MSN to cleanshavenrsx

hey blazer lt i was looking at you car domain... your stereo...it clean but it is whats called a theft box.. when assholes goto steal you stereo you made it easier for them and you just bought them alot of time... i own a stereo shop.. i reccommend screwing the amp and capacitor to the back seat flap ill post pics how mt stereo is done... also bolt your bx down.. you car insurance wont cover anything that wasnt bolted or screwed to you car it self
cleanshavenrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:37 AM   #29
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

pm me the pics so we can keep this thread on topic
Old 12-17-2005, 02:21 PM   #30
JIMMY92w
AF Newbie

Hey BlazerLT, your post seems to be some what vague in details. Specifically about how to introduce the H20 into your engine.

Are you just pulling the vacuum hose of the PCV valve and sticking it in the water, while leaving the valve in place?
Are you piercing the vacuum hose with a hollow needle attached to another piece of hose which is in water?

Thanks
JIMMY92w is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info