Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #1
T-$$
AF Newbie

milk on dipstick

Every once ina while when i check the oil on my 84 cj-7, i notice a spot of milky oil on the dipstick. I know that it could be water or coolant, but it is so intermittent that i am not really sure. doesnt seem to matter if i get her good-n-hot or anything. i think that because it sat for a while, had a really bad valve cover leak, and cause she was run hard in the pucker brush that it prob got some water or something in there.

ideas??
T-$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:28 PM   #2
trad016
AF Newbie

Re: milk on dipstick

Buy an oil flush kit at any auto store and use it. If the milkshake continues, check for a gasket leak on a pump or sensor. Good luck.
trad016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:29 PM   #3
gtnmuddy
AF Newbie

milk in oil

It could also just be condensation in the engine block. I dont know whre you live but look under the oil fill cap. If you see it there also it just may be condensation.

Larry
gtnmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #4
T-$$
AF Newbie

gtnmuddy, thats exactly where i see it the most.

the engine needs a complete overhaul anyway,

thanks
Old 11-10-2004, 07:02 PM   #5
gtnmuddy
AF Newbie

milk shake oil

My 84 CJ-7 with the 4.2 6 cyl would do that every so often. I had 122,000 on it and decided to swap a 350 chevy in it's place. I got $400.00 for the old motor and applied that toward the swap. Best thing I ever did.

Larry
Old 11-10-2004, 07:15 PM   #6
T-$$
AF Newbie

i dont know bout them 350's i heard they were made by chevy.
the valve covers at least
Old 11-10-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
gtnmuddy
AF Newbie

yeah, but the parts are cheap!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:31 AM   #8
76 maverick
AF Enthusiast

If you go with a V8 go with a 304 or a 390 or better yet a 351 or a 426 hemi!!! Do a compresion (sp sorry) test on the engin you might have a small head gasket leak, but we`ll hope for condensation .

76 maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:13 AM   #9
Off_Road
AF Regular

351C YEAHHHHH BABYYYYY !!!
426H EVEN MORE YEAHHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYY !!!

Hey 76 maverick ,

No way you got a 426 hemi in that, what is it? 76, 74 Ford Maverick? You'd need a C6 and a Ford 8" inch rear.

Can't see it it the pic (furthest to left)
What's up? Can't wait to hear this.
Opps nm, I just got it by your nick (duhh) kk 76, so tell me what's in it?
Off_Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #10
76 maverick
AF Enthusiast

Right now my maverick has a 1982 302 /C4 with the stock 8 inch . I have plans on rebuilding (bigger cam , roller rockers , ported head, 4 barrel carb, ect.) and turbo charging the old 250 I6 that used to be in it before the head gasket blew. I`ll be shooting for ~ 300 hp at the rear wheels . I also have plans on a T5 5 speed tranny , the same 8 inch rear end but with 3.55:1 or 3.70:1 gears with a locker

As for the jeep (look for the thread "yaaahhooooo") I`m gonna do a light rebuild (build up) on the 304, port match the heads and intake manifold , small cam , roller timing chain ect. I`ll need to put a new clutch in it and I think the T case needs some work. Before I even get started on all of that I`ll need to fix the rusted frame .

Old 12-06-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
Off_Road
AF Regular

Sounds like a great project. So you plan on tear'in the puppy down and starting with a bare frame? If you have problems with a rusted frame you might consider wanting to do that. Go the whole 9 yards. New body mountings, wiring system, everything.

Only thing I might reconsider on is the T5. And yes I know their dynamite trannies. Guess automatic's have just grown on me over the years. I could build you a C6 with a high stall converter that would give you whole shots the T5 couldn't come close to.

All in taste and preference I guess. What's one man's junk is another man's gold. And not meaning that as a relection toward your car whatsoever (just an old saying). Your car and the project are gonna be really cool. Ditto on the Jeep also.

Best of luck to you, keep us informed.
Off_Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #12
76 maverick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Only thing I might reconsider on is the T5. And yes I know their dynamite trannies. Guess automatic's have just grown on me over the years. I could build you a C6 with a high stall converter that would give you whole shots the T5 couldn't come close to.
If I was gonna take it to the strip alot I would prolly keep an auto in it but I live too far away to go more than a cuple times a year. I love to power shift and drop the clutch for neck snapping take offs (no not all the time but I do like to do that every once in a while).

As for the jeep , for now I`m just gonna cut out the bad parts of the frame (only two places) and weld in some angle iorn. Once I get enough money saved up I`ll buy a new frame for it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > General Discussion