Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
Lyken
AF Newbie

Unusual Engine Swap, is it possible and any tips?

Hey there, I have two project cars that I want to combine into one to save on time. My price range would be in the $2k range but I have most of the stuff and I think I would just need to fabricate some stuff.
On to the questions...

I have a 94 base model Sentra, 5spd.... and I have an 89 daytona shelby 2.5 at.

I want to take the dodge engine and put it into the sentra, the engine was rebuilt awhile ago and the tranny is brand new. The sentra is in decent shape but I thought I would just swap them out if it was an easy (and I use that term loosley) job.

The daytona has stock turbo, but i figure I would just need to figure out the motor mounts and if the tranny would fit. Then I think the hardest part would be the electric wiring. I thought an easy step would be to yank the old dash and some other stuff out of the dodge and fit it into the sentra somehow.

Let me know what you guys think, any tips or info that could help me would also be appreciated. I hope to do it during this summer/fall because I need to save up for a cheap winter truck.

Note: don't badmouth my dodge, I'm just working with what I have, the daytona's body has seen its day its guts are new and sadly wasting away.
Lyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: Unusual Engine Swap, is it possible and any tips?

sounds like a lot of work, have to rewire the car, probably change the fuel pump and gas tank, figure out how to make all the accessories work on the dodge motor, also need to make up a exhaust and im not sure how your going to hook the dodge axles to the nissan rotors and hubs. if you really like the nissan you can drop in a SR20de engine for more power or a stock 1.6
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote