Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
1320-camaro-383
AF Newbie

car wont start please help

I posted this on the contour page but got no response so Ill try here.I just bought a 96 contour with the 2.0.The person I bought it from said it was over heating due to the electric fan not working and when she parked it it wouldnt start again.It is getting spark,fuel and has compression.It turnes over fine but wont fire.My otc scanner showed 7 codes.
1)po117 etc ckt low input
2)p1125 tps ckt interm
3)p1117 etc sensor intermittent
4)p1000 obd2 monitor not complete
5)po171 system too lean (bank one)
6)p1131 b lack of ho2s 11 sw
7)p1120 tps out of range
Those are all oem tests under obd2 tests it only had one po600 ,it gave no info just read see service manual.
Any info is greatlly appreciated.
1320-camaro-383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
carlos80
AF Regular

Re: car wont start please help

sounds like you might have a wiring/harness problem follow the harness from TPS sensor until ot goes into firewall might get lucky and find bad connection of chaffed harness. You said its a scanner not a code puller right? If this is correct you might want to do a "wiggle" test while monitoring malfunctioning inputs like TPS and ECT wiggle harness around and connectors as well any change like from 1v to 0 on TPS would indicate a problem.
carlos80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
taillight
AF Enthusiast

With the scaner erase all trouble codes. Crank the engine and read the trouble codes again. Now see what the computer does not like.
taillight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
1320-camaro-383
AF Newbie

taillight,thanks for the input.I did try that and it was weird.It erased all the codes and then no new ones would come up.I hooked it up again and the codes were all there again.Im not sure if I didnt really erase them or what.I was in a rush,I will try that again and get back to you.Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
1320-camaro-383
AF Newbie

obd2 monitor not complete is the only code that came up after clearing them.I hit the reasons button on the scanner and it read pcm.So I went to the junk yard bought a computer and still nothing.I hate buying used electronics because even though the computer is probably not the problem,I still cant rule it out.Im wondering if maybe the crank or cam position sensor is bad.It is getting spark but maybe not in the right order.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
taillight
AF Enthusiast

Did you test the compression and what did you get ? How do you know you have spark and fuel ?
taillight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
1320-camaro-383
AF Newbie

I tryed to test the compression with the compression tester but couldnt get it treaded.It is a multi thread tester but for some reason I couldnt get it.But With it turning over I could feel the compression with a spark plug out.As for the spark,I first removed each plug ang grounded it and could see it was sparking.Just to make sure it was getting enough spark I hooked each plug wire up to one of those testers that you ground then unscrew to see how many killavolts its getting.Eack one is over 30 so no problem there.The fuel.again I had issues with my press tester(im usually a gm guy)This car has a very small fitting and I didnt so whith someone turning it over I pusher the test port and a lot of fuel came spraying out.And after turning it over for a while each plug gets quite wet with gas.So I know its spraying in.Im about ready to through in the towel.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion