Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Magnum | Magnum SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
johnrx
AF Newbie

Nav Systems in Magnums

Hi,
I new here, looks like a great forum.

I am seriously looking at the Magnum RT, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Nav systems they offer? Dodge wants near $1900 for it, but that I think includes a upgraded stereo system.

I dont even know if I could get an aftermarket one for a Magnum?

But if anyone can comment on it, please respond. Pros/Cons etc...

John
johnrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
tfrazier
AF Newbie

Re: Nav Systems in Magnums

It's an Alpine system. I have it in my RT, purchased two weeks ago. The "dealer invoice" price lists at $1,795.00 I think. Retail on a similar but differrent brand will run you at least $1,500 installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrx
Hi,
I new here, looks like a great forum.

I am seriously looking at the Magnum RT, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Nav systems they offer? Dodge wants near $1900 for it, but that I think includes a upgraded stereo system.

I dont even know if I could get an aftermarket one for a Magnum?

But if anyone can comment on it, please respond. Pros/Cons etc...

John
tfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #3
thewagon
AF Newbie

nav systems

Got the nav in my r/t. I used a garmin 6210 in my durango and loved that thing. Got the factory one with the magnum and its nice, but didn't know I had to STOP the car just to program it. If people can eat, shave, put makeup on, talk on the phone, play with kids, and hell, even procreate while driving, then we should be able to program a destination while driving. As you can see, that's my only gripe about the nav system. Price was $1,895 extra in the magnum, $1,495 extra in the Charger. Same part number for both vehicles. I'm assuming the extra $400 is due to the 6cd/am/fm radio. I used that as a bargaining tool in my car buying decision with the sales rep and he couldn't explain why to me. Pssst, marked price of vehicle down $400 for that. So I got a new 05 R/T for $200 under invoice. (HINT: If someone got better, please don't tell me)
So bottom line, the nav system will run you approx. another $40/month in payments. Your decision.
thewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
sheebeehuh
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Nav Systems in Magnums

Chrysler also offers a dealer-installed nav system called Navus (made by Garmin) that mounts on top of the dash and is installed with a mount that is specific to your vehilce (Magnum, 300, Durango, etc.). I test drove a Magnum RT with one of these installed and looked nice and worked great. It plugs into the factory "bus" so it is easy to wire and lists for $895 if remember correctly. I also was told that it is covered by the 3/36 warranty if your dealer installs it (which is supposed to take less than an hour).
sheebeehuh is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Magnum | Magnum SRT8