Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
hardcorvette96
AF Newbie

Angry Blotchy HOK Kandy Tangerine???

If anyone could help me i will greatly appreciate it.I will try to explain everything quickly.96 Vette...Two coats white base,three coats zenith gold,four coats tangerine,three clear.The car was blotchy almost everywhere.I am wondering if the I should have put on 4 maybe five coats of gold.The car looked covered comlpetely.I know now that white wasn't the right choice to spray over gold,But I am just wondering if it could possibly be another problem.I have everything to redo the car but wanna make sure that it is done right and HOK tech support doesn't really call ya back.Thanx Dave
hardcorvette96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
crashfixer
AF Newbie

Re: Blotchy HOK Kandy Tangerine???

I would guess that the problems may have occured in the Kandy itself or atleast that is where it usually happens.Not talking bad about your skills or anything but have you sprayed kandy paint before?
crashfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:20 AM   #3
tkfpainter
AF Newbie

Re: Blotchy HOK Kandy Tangerine???

Did you paind white over gold or gold over white?

here are some possible issues with you paint:

1. laid zenith gold too wet, and its blotchy (hok paints or others, metallics become blotchy and patchy if laid too wet).
2. You didnt walk the length of car and painted candy panel by panel. this will create darker over laid candy spots.
3. depending on the original color, the white was laid blotchy/patchy.

see some of learning experiences at tkfpaintshop.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorvette96
If anyone could help me i will greatly appreciate it.I will try to explain everything quickly.96 Vette...Two coats white base,three coats zenith gold,four coats tangerine,three clear.The car was blotchy almost everywhere.I am wondering if the I should have put on 4 maybe five coats of gold.The car looked covered comlpetely.I know now that white wasn't the right choice to spray over gold,But I am just wondering if it could possibly be another problem.I have everything to redo the car but wanna make sure that it is done right and HOK tech support doesn't really call ya back.Thanx Dave
tkfpainter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General