Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
vonage003
AF Newbie

EGR Bypass? :::How To...:::?

howdy there probe owners.....there might already be a thread on how to block off your egr valve but this one is should be the most current and any input and knowlege that you think should be heard.... please dont hesitate to post in this thread.

Okay now here's the deal...ive been workin on my klze now for a few weeks and i finally have gotten everything straightened out besides the EGR system. my car runs fine and great at that when its cold but, as soon as it warms up the idle begins to fluxuate erraticly and the car will refuse to stay running and it throws a check engine light on...so turns out i checked it and it gave me cel code 16 i believe that is EGR Position Sensor. to make a long story short i no longer want the EGR Valve in my car i would like to know how to bypass it...i know there are several ways to do so..and if anyone has the knowlege please post! thanks alot!

If you could please add any info on why you might think my EGR is not functioning, or the entire procedure on how to delete the EGR system with the best result!
vonage003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 AM   #2
troy2481
AF Newbie

Re: EGR Bypass? :::How To...:::?

Wow I am having trouble with my egr valve too. If anyone replies will you forward it to me
troy2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #3
94PROBEGTR
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to 94PROBEGTR
Lightbulb Re: EGR Bypass? :::How To...:::?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy2481
Wow I am having trouble with my egr valve too. If anyone replies will you forward it to me
goto www.probetalk.com, you'll get more answers their than here as it's a more active probe site on the net....imho and check their tech section lots of good stuff
163,000+ miles and counting....
94PROBEGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
wafrederick
Banned

Re: EGR Bypass? :::How To...:::?

I have some advice,do not do it and it is a no no.You can detinate pistons real easy and blow up the engine.Do not ever remove an EGR valve.I have seen one result of removing the EGR valve,a detinated piston.The EGR valve is there for one reason,to recirculate exhaust gases
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe