Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #136
krispycamaro
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaLT1
1. The Corvette & F-body have the same exact engine!. NOT TRUE

2. The Average Stock LS! run 13.2!. Not the case sorry

3. They actually put out 350 horsepower really not the case. You will find it printed no where that they put out anything within 30 horsepower of that anywhere even though I agree they are under-rated
when dynos of 01-02 models have them a 310 at the wheels you can imagine they are around 340ish

krispycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:32 PM   #137
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
1. The Corvette & F-body have the same exact engine!. NOT TRUE

2. The Average Stock LS! run 13.2!. Not the case sorry

3. They actually put out 350 horsepower really not the case. You will find it printed no where that they put out anything within 30 horsepower of that anywhere even though I agree they are under-rated
umm your wrong. 2001-2002 SS/WS6 ARE FACTORY LISTED AT 325 HP, IN THE FIREHAWK 345 HP.

I did not say the average LS1 runs 13.2. But MANY Do. Explain my 13.1???? the car has only 6,000 miles on it. A filter and lid are my only mods(which the Firehawk come with) do the math. 13.1@107 with an automatic, figure out the RWH required for that.
10.5sec92AWDTALON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:32 PM   #138
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBODIES>MAXIMAS
The Ls1 Can Neva Lose!!!!!!!
Dude your a ass , Shut up!
I can get you banned , So go post somewhere else!
You can't help either cause or side your on.
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #139
Bird of Fire
AF Newbie

Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

If you have us banned the average automotive IQ of this board will plummet. Seriously.
Bird of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:38 PM   #140
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.5sec92AWDTALON
umm your wrong. 2001-2002 SS/WS6 ARE FACTORY LISTED AT 325 HP, IN THE FIREHAWK 345 HP.

I did not say the average LS1 runs 13.2. But MANY Do. Explain my 13.1???? the car has only 6,000 miles on it. A filter and lid are my only mods(which the Firehawk come with) do the math. 13.1@107 with an automatic, figure out the RWH required for that.
Your number's are impressive but after talking to and seeing many LS1 run the 1/4 with my own eyes most run mid 13's. Are there factory freaks out there yes but there also plenty of your average car. and it may be possible they put 340 but then they are losing alot through the drivetrain anything over 12 percent for a manual is a disgrace
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #141
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
"You will find it printed no where that they put out anything within 30 horsepower of that anywhere even though I agree they are under-rated."

I've given you proof, the SS/WS6 in 2001-2002 IS factory listed at 325 HP, the SAME LS1 in the Firehawk is listed at 345 HP.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:41 PM   #142
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

the manuals are slower than the auto at the track due to being harder to launch, they usually are off by 2 tenths on the ET but show a 2 MPH higher trap speed.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:41 PM   #143
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

OK then are the Corvette's under-rated?

Old 09-24-2004, 08:42 PM   #144
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.5sec92AWDTALON
the manuals are slower than the auto at the track due to being harder to launch, they usually are off by 2 tenths on the ET but show a 2 MPH higher trap speed.
Which geared Auto?

Old 09-24-2004, 08:44 PM   #145
Bird of Fire
AF Newbie

Quote:
OK then are the Corvette's under-rated?

To a point, no not really. They dyno fairly close to the LS1 f-bodies and trap a little bit higher due to drivetrain differences, aero and traction.

Corvette is GM's baby. Even in 1979 and 1989 when Pontiac had trans-ams that were faster than it in every road test, the corvette STILL had more horsepower, yet weighed less and was slower. Hrm....wonder why?
Bird of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:45 PM   #146
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FBODIES>MAXIMAS Send a message via Yahoo to FBODIES>MAXIMAS
f body---><----maxima
FBODIES>MAXIMAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:47 PM   #147
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Basically The SS/WS6 auto come with 3:23 gears stock.

The M6 manual comes with 3:42 stock.

A regular Z28/T/A usually has 2:73 gears stock for the auto.

The LS1 in the Vette/GTO was rated at 350 HP which is reasonably close.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:49 PM   #148
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FBODIES>MAXIMAS Send a message via Yahoo to FBODIES>MAXIMAS

so when someone proves you losers wrong you ban them so you can go back to you make believe world were maximas are fast and ls1's are slow and you "rape" real sports cars with you pos econo box's. remember

ls2.com own3z you all
FBODIES>MAXIMAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:49 PM   #149
THT
AF Enthusiast

You guys and your mag racing times...christ. It's the power curve that matters, not peak TQ/HP. There're plenty of 4th gen Maximas running 14.7 stock and 14.1 with bolt ons and those are real world numbers proven time and time again by maxima.org members.

Any Maxima driver who claims to have beaten a LS1 would have to show me pics of a sick turbo and nitrous setup because that's what it takes to beat them in a straight line. I know of four (4) Maximas that can do the 1/4 in under 13s and they're all boosted.

Look, this thread started as shit and it still is. Let it die. Bottom line: LS1>n/a Maxima in a straight line

~THT

Some people call it an obsession; I call it my Maxima.
THT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:50 PM   #150
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

So are you saying that even though the Vette is lighter and have less drag. And a claimed more horsepower!.
Your magic Camaro is just as fast or faster than one!.
Holy sh*t your the typical LS1 owner, no wonder Mustang owner's hate you guys.
I'm done you can fight it out with the Maxima and your a little outta touch man.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35