Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 10:44 PM   #196
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by RACER D12

I've seen late 90s M3's run high 13's but maybe im thinking of the newer ones, my bad However are you sure about the GT from what I have seen and heard their not that fast stock. I mean if they were 14sec cars I think we would all be hearing more good things about them. Where did you get your numbers?
The newer GTs are low 14 second cars. Driven one myself to a 14.3 with a bad 60', so I knowthey can do even better. Yet to see one pass in th 13s hough, and I've seen ~50 different ones run here at sea level. It'd be a close race...To close for me to bet either way.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:55 AM   #197
Ringo
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNeck383

Oh really Mr. Man...

I suppose your Taurus is any better?

My Taurus is so powerfull it rips transmissions apart, i've changed it twice.
And it takes the corners so tightly that the winshields crack!
Old 07-02-2003, 03:46 PM   #198
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Re: Re: Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by RACER D12

German shit With narrow minded statements like that I think I speak for everyone when I say your not welcome here.

Second unless that GT was modified I have to throw up the flag. Your trying to get us to beleave that you beat a 13sec car in a 15sec one Now I am not saying it couldnt happen, maybe he missed a shift or something, but dont act like its norm for GT's to beat M3's. Sounds to me like you just got pissed off because you felt your car company was being attacked so you just tried to get back at the person by saying you beat a car the same kind and year as theres. Please people grow up
Im so Open minded that I went from liking German cars to disliking them and liking American cars. I've driven both, interior on german cars is Decent, I still like Lexus interior better, although the S class and CL class mercedes are pretty sweet. BMW is a very nice looking car but its not for me.

Keep in mind a 98 M3 is not a 13 second car. Here is how we determined this, we went to the track with a GT stang with a K&N filter and an M3 with Intake and exhaust. It was about 85* outside. Since the guy in the M3 wasnt the best driver and wouldnt let me drive his car, I drove the GT since I was not experienced with it. I hit a 14.1 with no traction. He hit a 14.4 with a good launch. Thats not B.S. thats actually driving and he admitted he drove his best without miss shifting.

I believe M3's can easily hit 13s with good weather and a good driver, but the reliablity of a highly tuned BMW motor to run reliable is not something I have heard. GT stangs have hit high 13's numerous times in stock form. This is not a suprise my friends stang was picking on an M3 like it was cake....or more like I was since I was driving. This mustang with just exhaust and the K&N intake has beaten many S2000's as well, this is from a dead stop up until high speeds, so its no slug. I talk from expereince, many of my friends have/had m3's, usually blowing a water pump or interior falling apart. The GT stang is my good friends car, that thing has 50000 miles on it and is almost bullet proof, and this guy doesnt even take care of his car.

By the way, Neither American or German cars are my company, I love Nissan and will stick with them. But if it came down to buying a Supercar, I would buy American, if it came down to Luxury, it would be Lexus or a very expensive Mercedes.

Nick
Old 07-02-2003, 04:07 PM   #199
Ringo
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85

Im so Open minded that I went from liking German cars to disliking them and liking American cars. I've driven both, interior on german cars is Decent, I still like Lexus interior better, although the S class and CL class mercedes are pretty sweet. BMW is a very nice looking car but its not for me.

Keep in mind a 98 M3 is not a 13 second car. Here is how we determined this, we went to the track with a GT stang with a K&N filter and an M3 with Intake and exhaust. It was about 85* outside. Since the guy in the M3 wasnt the best driver and wouldnt let me drive his car, I drove the GT since I was not experienced with it. I hit a 14.1 with no traction. He hit a 14.4 with a good launch. Thats not B.S. thats actually driving and he admitted he drove his best without miss shifting.

I believe M3's can easily hit 13s with good weather and a good driver, but the reliablity of a highly tuned BMW motor to run reliable is not something I have heard. GT stangs have hit high 13's numerous times in stock form. This is not a suprise my friends stang was picking on an M3 like it was cake....or more like I was since I was driving. This mustang with just exhaust and the K&N intake has beaten many S2000's as well, this is from a dead stop up until high speeds, so its no slug. I talk from expereince, many of my friends have/had m3's, usually blowing a water pump or interior falling apart. The GT stang is my good friends car, that thing has 50000 miles on it and is almost bullet proof, and this guy doesnt even take care of his car.

By the way, Neither American or German cars are my company, I love Nissan and will stick with them. But if it came down to buying a Supercar, I would buy American, if it came down to Luxury, it would be Lexus or a very expensive Mercedes.

Nick
Very fascinating... If you havent noticed, BMW is not trying to compete with your ductape constructed American cars. If they where they would have installed their V8, with over 400 hp stock, which would bitchslap any domestic dong that the big three can jumble together.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:11 PM   #200
Ringo
Banned

and if you really were to pick an American car over a German one, well that's probably because you're a neanderthal that couldn't tell the difference between living in a cave eating rotting animals and living in a penthouse in Manhattan dining at fine restaurants.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:20 PM   #201
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

No wonder you were the Beatle that never got any chicks.

There ARE crappily built German cars (Trabants, BMW Isettas, Messerschmidt KR500s, diesel Mercedes-Benz sedans from the late 70's, Volkswagen Buses and Kammbacks). There ARE crappily built Japanese cars (Suzuki Swifts, Isuzus for the most part, 80's Mitsubishis for the most part). There ARE crappily built American cars (Ford Pinto, Edsel, AMC Pacer, Chevy Vega).

But there are good cars that come from these countries as well. Cars are like people, you've got to take them one at a time and judge accordingly otherwise you'll just miss out.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:39 PM   #202
Ringo
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Octagon
No wonder you were the Beatle that never got any chicks.

Yeah Yeah!
You're right about giving all cars a chance, but I've seen too many Neons running around with peeling paint, peeling paint on a 5 year old car? I had a BMW from 1975, the paint is so rich that it never peeled off.
And comparing an M3 to a Mustang, even if the Mustang is faster, honestly, you look at these cars underneath at the dealer's showroom and they are already rusted! RUSTED! never been driven, you're paying the inflated sticker price for a Mustang and you're buying a rusted car. The paint quality is inferior, and the aesthetic of the design...there is none, probably the same designer that designed the cinder block is now designing Mustangs.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #203
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I had a BMW from 1975, the paint is so rich that it never peeled off.
Do you realize that is because you took care of that car? It's not like I haven't seen an old BMW around this area that looked like shit, from peeled paint to rusted mufflers dangling a centimeter off the ground.

Whatever I'm not going to push that any further. This topic is done someone fucking close it.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #204
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

When will people get it into their heads that (again) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BETTER, when it comes to over-all. There is just what's best for YOU.

Even Nissan's R390, or Mclaren's F1, or Saleen's S7 has its drawbacks...and not everybody would want one, crazy as it might sound. Hell, the Pinto, the Fiestas, and the Azteks got bought by SOMEBODY.

Just a thought...

...do Japanese or German drivers argue about import vs domestic?

...do Italians ever have to justify their domestics?

...will this thread ever end?

Dunno about the first two, but I sure can answer the last one.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing