Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Van
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
creskick
AF Newbie

Ram conversion no heat

Ok this maybe a little involved but..I have a 2002 Dodge ram 1500 elk conversion. When I bought it used there was traces of stop leak in the radiator resevoir. I had the system flushed and later found out that the radiator had a leak and also the waterpump went out. I ended up changing the waterpump three times because I got it from autozone and it was a POS pump. Finally I got a good one from NAPA autoparts and that parts been fine since. I also changed the radiator and the thermostat. However, I have very little to no heat. I checked the air diverter box behind the glove compartment and it's working fine. The temp gauge seems to be right around 180 or 190 which is right for the thermostat I put back in it. I ran water through the heater core when I changed the radiator and it went in and out just fine. When the engine is running at temp it seems like the hose in and out are both warm. I even tried blocking part of the radiator to see if the temp inside would increase but if it did it was very little. Does anyone have any further suggestions other then not to buy a dodge again? I'm not sure if I got the coolant mixture 50/50 or not and not sure if that would cause the heat to be so slight. The windows seem to fog up a lot and I keep having to swith the selector from the dash vents to defrost. I don't think there are leaks anywhere that I've seen other then one freeze plug seeps a little now and then. please help!
creskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
alloro
AF Enthusiast

Re: Ram conversion no heat

-Coolant full?
-Blend door going all the way over to heat?
-Heater hose should be hot to the touch, not just warm.
Is there a vacuum valve to close off the water flow to the heater core? If so, is it not opening, or possibly plugged?
-If none of these fix it, then the stop leak could've plugged the heater core, in which case it would have to be replaced.
alloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
truckbro
AF Newbie

Re: Ram conversion no heat

sounds like a broken blend door. I found a blend door repair kit called the Heater Treater that fixes the blend door cheaply and quickly, with dash removal! check it out www.heatertreater.net
truckbro is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Van