Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #16
blacksol28
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blacksol28
Re: FWD or RWD better in turns?

I know I'm going to sound like a tool for saying this but you should check out the instructions for Gran Tourismo 3: A spec. It explains the traction circle, or something like that. Basicaly the tire can only devote %100 of its traction at a time. So if you accelerate more than %100 of the tires traction you break traction, same with braking and turning. Now in a FF car the tire is trying to accelerate and turn at the same time which in effect reduces the tires usable traction. So RWD makes better use of the tires traction.
blacksol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #17
iVteC_PoWeR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to iVteC_PoWeR

yea it explains that on Initial D too lol
iVteC_PoWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #18
LVApex
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksol28
I know I'm going to sound like a tool for saying this but you should check out the instructions for Gran Tourismo 3: A spec. It explains the traction circle, or something like that. Basicaly the tire can only devote %100 of its traction at a time. So if you accelerate more than %100 of the tires traction you break traction, same with braking and turning. Now in a FF car the tire is trying to accelerate and turn at the same time which in effect reduces the tires usable traction. So RWD makes better use of the tires traction.

your kinda looking at that one sided... see, all that shows is the difference in what happens between a FWD and rWD chassis as they start to accelerate in a turn. I.e. A FWD car will start to understeer, and a RWD car will start to oversteer.
LVApex is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension