Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:24 PM   #16
dimotorsports
AF Newbie

Dude..
I don't know..
I am stumped.... and bent out of shape.
I a year I have towed this thing 8 times for the same problem.
I can't find it...
My mechanic can't find it.
But... I am thinking the oil pressure sensor is the only item I haven't changed... So I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow... just for kicks.

Eventually I will find it...
Too many new parts for me not to... there is hardly anything left to replace. I believe I am working on the Process of Elimination theory.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:47 PM   #17
reallytired
AF Newbie

Re: 1988 astro no fuel

sounds like time to shoot this car, I'm definitely not going to tow my car 8 times, I found a site to buy the ecm if nothing else works for about 230 & 75 back after you send in your core
reallytired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:36 PM   #18
reallytired
AF Newbie

Unhappy no fuel no fire

I am still having this problem, but now after checking my fire with a timing light. I seem to not have fire or fuel. Just changed a fuel pump relay this morning, picked up yesterday before I read this site. The van started twice & died both times after 10-15 minutes. Is there a sensor that would stop the fuel & fire or is this the computer? Trying to decide if I should just tow it in or replace something??
reallytired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 01:33 PM   #19
Painter
AF Newbie

I bought a Node Light and checked for a signal to the injectors, No signal. I went to the parts store to pick up a new computer, $89.00 and they don't come with the Prom's! I think it is one or the other. I have reset the two plugs to the ECM (computer), I also reset the two proms in the computer. Still no signal to the injectors.
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #20
Painter
AF Newbie

1988 astro no fuel

Well I found my problem! It was the Ignition Module, I checked the Ignition Module for voltage, the book tells me with the engine at idle (all I can do is crank it over) pin B of the 4 wire plug go's to the PCM pin 10 and is called Referance pin should have 5 volts, and I did not have any reading for volts or ohms. I did do a bunch of other trouble shooting: I pulled appart the large connector located under the hood right side to see if there was corosion in there, checked the ground wires located on the left upper side of the bell housing, I checked for chafed wires, I checked for 12 volts at the injecrors. I jumpered from pin D16 of the PCM ( injector signal position) to the NODE light to make sure that the wire is good still no signal. I ran 12 volts to one side of the injector and grounded the other side it shoots gas out of the injector.
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:56 PM   #21
CD Smalley
AF Enthusiast

I would have thought with that failing that you would have had no spark rather than no fuel spray. Hmmm. Learn something new every day...

1991 W41 #142
1989 Caprice 9C1
1997 C1500
1997 Bonnie SE
1998 Olds 98 LS

Recently updated: http://forums.b-body.org

CD Smalley is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies