Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > 510
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:29 PM   #16
rpgmage_86
AF Newbie

I have to search farther than a 100 mile radius from my house to even find a decent car that isn't a big three. Everyone wants too much for super high mileage imports in the area, I guess because they're supposed to last over 200k or something. Anyway, I don't even think Datsun sent any cars to Virginia, and even if they did, all the farmers probably rolled overtop of them with their John Deeres.
rpgmage_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:43 PM   #17
Toyrolla
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Toyrolla Send a message via Yahoo to Toyrolla
Re: 510 buying issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmage_86
I have to search farther than a 100 mile radius from my house to even find a decent car that isn't a big three. Everyone wants too much for super high mileage imports in the area, I guess because they're supposed to last over 200k or something. Anyway, I don't even think Datsun sent any cars to Virginia, and even if they did, all the farmers probably rolled overtop of them with their John Deeres.
Actually, my white 510 came from South Carolina.

They can be found, you just have to look for them.

I own two 510s, both retrieved in the east coast.

Nobody can break it better than me.

88 I4 Slushie, 89 I4 5Sp, 89 V6 5Sp, 82 Corolla, 72 510, 88 Minitruck.
Toyrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:26 PM   #18
rpgmage_86
AF Newbie

I'm pretty sure there are more cows than people here, unfortunately. I'm hoping my prospects will get a little better as I move to a slightly more metropolitan area for school this fall. Would looking in like old junkyards or parts car places be a good idea? Any good actual places to look as opposed to online listings?
rpgmage_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:40 PM   #19
Datsun Kid
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Datsun Kid

Im in san diego and i had to go like 400 miles to get mine. BUT the sweet deal with mine was when i got there i noticed the guy had 2 and both were for sale he was so desperate to get rid of the 2 door he gave it to me when i bought the 4 door..it has been stripped but has nice doors and such maybe ill part it out? the 4 door has l18 motor complete interior...the catch is the motor isnt in the car hehe not that bad actually cause with it out i can paint the engine bay also. So if anyone is in san deigo and is desperate for a stripped datsun e mail me...
Datsun Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 AM   #20
frubacher
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to frubacher

Hey rpgmage 86, there is a 510 on Ebay in Richmond, Virginia. Just thought I would help you out. As of right now it has six days left. Here's the link- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Also if anybody knows for any 510s for sale in Colorado(or around colorodo exp. wyoming, kansas, utah...etc) or in California. It would be of great help. Thank You.

Brenton
frubacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:48 AM   #21
ModifiedCars
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ModifiedCars Send a message via MSN to ModifiedCars Send a message via Yahoo to ModifiedCars

Well I'm on the East coast, South East, And the only Datzun i'm seen is a lil Z car, gold, 2 seater, lives in my neighborhood...

Saw a 2 door 510 in my paper a few days ago, said it had a SR20DET swap.
ModifiedCars is offline   Reply With Quote