Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
View Poll Results: What tires are you currently running on your Xterra?
Other 48 30.00%
BFG A/T 42 26.25%
BFG M/T 20 12.50%
Pirelli Scorpion A/T 5 3.13%
Yokohama Geolander M/T 7 4.38%
ProComp M/T 1 0.63%
GoodYear Wrangler MT/R 11 6.88%
Super Swamper TruXus 14 8.75%
Super Swamper TSL 5 3.13%
Super Swamper SSR 7 4.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 10:40 PM   #31
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

It's the best size for unmodified Xterras.
Schludwiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 10:44 PM   #32
IceChickenX
AF Newbie

At which point does one consider their truck "modified?"

And when the X is "modified", What's the tire of choice then?
Old 09-16-2002, 11:46 PM   #33
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

In terms of which tire, you truck is modified when you change the ride height (suspension mods), or body height (body lift). This allows you to use larger tires than 31's. (you can fit a 32 in a stock Xterra, but not comfortably)
Old 09-17-2002, 09:50 AM   #34
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
If "not comfortably" means the fuel line cover getting chewed up (which is harmless) and having to trim some plastic around the front wheel openings (invisible) then I suppose I would agree. A little torsion bar adjustment is a good idea, but it doesn't take much.

I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to go with 32s (short of ones that run large like the SSR) on an Xterra. Hell, the 2002s can take 'em with little if any trimming up front.

An "uncomfortable" fit would be a 32" SSR, or a skinny 33" tire without a lift.

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:08 PM   #35
njs1stlt
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

Using Toyo Open Country AT's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toyo open country at's.jpg (27.8 KB, 237 views)
njs1stlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:24 AM   #36
gijoebruin
AF Newbie

Stock Tires

I need to buy stock tires for my 2002 SE SC 4x4 X. I'll take them in any condition, the newer the better.

Thanks,

Joseph
joeshah@aol.com
gijoebruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #37
davidx2000
ChevyK1500/Chrysler T/C

Re: Tire type/manufacturer poll

Running 31x10.5x15 Bridestone Dueler A/T Revos...only mod needed was trimming of the inside mudflaps. The X sits about an inch higher then previously with 265/70/15 tires.

Love em!
davidx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #38
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidx2000
Running 31x10.5x15 Bridestone Dueler A/T Revos...only mod needed was trimming of the inside mudflaps. The X sits about an inch higher then previously with 265/70/15 tires.

Love em!
What tires did you have before? I'm curious, because I hear people liking them, but usually they are their first offroad tire for their X since the stockers. If you did have a different set before, what were the pro's and con's?

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #39
davidx2000
ChevyK1500/Chrysler T/C

I was running Michelin Cross Terrain 235/70R-15; they were on the it when I bought it used. Don't think they came with the vehicle new as it has 45000miles on it when i bought it and I put on another 60000 miles on those tires. Gotta love Michelins for long wear!

Those tires were soft and quiet and when they had more tread; did some novice off roading; although the spun a lot on dirt and needed 4WD most of the time when climbing hills. This is the 1st 4x4 I've owned and had some fun in the sand with them in the desert.

The Bridgestones were suggested to me when I bought my wife a used 99' Jeep Sahara. The seller was freak over the Jeep and told me everything about it. He noticed my X and strongly recommened them to me if when I needed tires (which I was). The set on my wife's Jeep is about 50% gone. He had all 5 Revo's (spare) and kept them rotatated and they are wearing evenly.

I was considering buying the BFG KO from Costco; they were only like $500 out the door! What a deal until I reseached the BFG vs. Revo's on tire rack and the Revo's were highly recommended and clearly passed all types of driving conditions. Snow, mud, ice, rain etc. I read a lot of the threads on this site about Revo's and many guys suggested them too.

So I ended up buying the Revo's from a local tire store in the San Diego area and they ran me about $ including alignment. Firestone wanted over $800 for them! They were hard to find; not many places sold them or had to order them in special.

I can't compare them to the BFG's; but from what I hear the Revo's are a newer design and excellent tires. Compared to the Crossterrains; the Revos are harder; feeling every little crack and bump in the road and have a quiet rumble to them. My shocks are Monroe Reflex's. I have had them in the rain and had no hydroplanning even at 70MPH in a down pour. Off road; well only had them on a flat trail in the desert near El Centro; can't wait to try them (on my Jeep or the X) on a more extreme trail in Big Bear or Octotillo Wells.

Hope this answers your questions.
davidx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #40
bwbumga1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bwbumga1

im running 265/75r15 bridge revos and they are be best tires i have ran.. I used to have a pathfinder and drove it on a set of uniroyal AT's and they are no match for the revos...The tread pattern is just as aggressive as the bfg at's but i think u get a whole lot less road noise from the revos.
bwbumga1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail