Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
Battle Cry
AF Newbie

2002 Astro died and won't start

I have a 2002 Astro AWD X code engine. I was driving home a little over a week ago and it just quit a block and a half from the house. I tried to restart it but, it wouldn't start. I get it home the next day, pull the doghouse, and check for spark(it is the easiest and less expensive thing to do first). I determined that it had spark and would run on starting fluid so I loaded it on the trailer to take to my shop. I cycled the key a few times to listen for the fuel pump. Nothing! I cycled the key a few more times to check the relay and fuses. Relay and fuses are Ok. So begins the Joyous task of dropping the tank to replace the fuel pump. I bought a new DELPHI pump thru my buddy who is a Napa dealer for $254. It was originally $331 but, he gave it to me for his price. All I can say is it is a real pain in the a--. I had to cut the hose for the filler neck and replace it due to the fact that it wouldn't come off. It is 1 1/4" on one end and 1" on the other. I replaced it with 1 1/4" and it works just fine.

I hit the key and it fired right up without any problems. I hope this helps somebody else.

AB

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies