Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Town Car
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
72mino
AF Regular

Engine/Tanny removal

Are there any clearance issues with removing the engine/tranny together? I have a Hayne's manual and it only tells how to remove them separately, engine out the top, tranny out the bottom.
I am parting out a 1990 TC that I bought at auction to fix, but decided it would not be worth it.

Dustin
72mino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
junk yard doggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Engine/Tanny removal

Hello Dustin

These cars part out well. Don't over look the small stuff. The tail light center panels, fuel cut off switch in the trunk, air suspension module, trunk lock cover, trunk pull down motor, power antenna, door pull straps and caps, interior switches, drivers side power seat track, front door hinges, air suspension pump, abs pump, hood ornament, Just to name a few of the hot items.

As far as the engine I try to pull them all together then separate later, I think it makes things easier. I pull the fenders off that makes it a lot easier as well. Lately I've been cutting the frame rails and exhaust pipes just forward of the fire wall and pulling that whole front end section loose engine tans and all. It's a bit extreme but it makes more room on the scrap trucks and trailer with the shortened lincoln. When I separate the engine and trans I'll put the rest of the front frame and suspension in the back of the car. If you want to go to my web site www.cmasalvage.com there is a link at the top that takes you to our e bay store. You can see how I price some of those same items, might be helpful for you.Good luck parting it out Dustin.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Town Car