Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 06:58 PM   #1
speedyeclipsee
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to speedyeclipsee
Need idea's, new eclipse owner!!! HELP!

yeah i just got a 90' eclipse GS DOHC. Daily driver right now, but im wondering if it's a reliable car after getting aftermarket pullets and exhaust/intake. Heard they were bullit proof engines from someone. just need to know. and also would i be wasting my time trying to make a naturally aspirated GS make more HP and Torque???

or is the turbo that needed on this car, and also dose anyone know if nitrous systems can adapt to my car? and how much HP it can handle, lmk guys!

peace!
speedyeclipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 09:39 PM   #2
speedyeclipsee
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to speedyeclipsee
come on guys!

where yall at? help me!! peace
speedyeclipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 11:08 PM   #3
Stoned Raider
Banned

www.dsmtuners.com or www.dsmtalk.com

this forum sucks
Stoned Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:17 PM   #4
GSXer
AF Regular

Sorry for the bad news...eventhough you do have a 4G63, it is not quite the same as the turbo model. Your motor has higher compression, less cam lift duration and weaker rods and pistons (no oil squirters too). I really don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but you should have bought the turbo model....1g or 2g. These cars have the bullet proof motors. 1g= Can withstand 550hp with stock bottom end. 2g= can withsatnd 450+ with stock bottom end. Unfortunately, there aren't many things you can do except buy headers, intake and exhaust. Don't even try to put a turbo motor in there either...it will cost you more than it is actually worth (7k or more), unless you have a friend who is willing to look for the ECU, fuel system, wiring harness, bigger brakes, stonger transmission etc..etc, and installit for cheap. Sorry for the bad news...
GSXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:19 PM   #5
GSXer
AF Regular

oh yeah...before I forget...this form does suck. Go to the ones mentioned above. The only people here are guuys who want to be "Fast and Furious". Not that many people know there stuff here. Just a few.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:20 PM   #6
Stoned Raider
Banned

I THOUGHT THE GS/RS HAD COMPLETLY DIFFERENT MOTORS THAN THE GST/GSX
Stoned Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 02:20 PM   #7
GSXer
AF Regular

2g 95-99= GSX-GST 4G63 Turbo---->GS-RS A420(Neon Motor)
1g 90-94= GSX-GST 4G63 Turbo---->GS-RS 4g63N/T=Same motor but weaker internals, higher compression. Some might have the 1.8 4g....I forgot. Oh well.