Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
Chryst
AF Newbie

Ahhh! Antenna Problems

This is my first car. It's a '95 Cirrus LXi and I can't seem to get the sound system to work. I took it through the car wash and stupidly left the radio on (and therefore the antenna up) causing it to snap off. As a result, I got a new antenna, but for some reason it seems that the sound system cant read it. I turn on the radio and if I am turning up the volume while the antenna is going up it will play for like 30 seconds and then deliberately fade out. Does anyone know if the antenna has to be a certain kind to work? Or what the problem is if it isn't the antenna? Thanks for your help.
Chryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
supermaltese
AF Newbie

Re: Ahhh! Antenna Problems

I have a similar problem. I think it may be the original antenna, though. My car only has really poor reception. It does get better when the car is facing the station and poor to no reception when I face any other direction. I've checked the antenna and know that it is connected to the deck and the wire seems to be intact all the way to the trunk. Odd.

supermaltese is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus