Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Caprice
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #1
Mike K
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mike K
Lovin these cars.

My current daily driver is a 93 Cavalier sedan. I only have it because I couldn't say no to it. It was in really good condition with only 20K(it was my aunts car so I know thats actual) and it was only $1,000 dollars. Now I really want a caprice and I need to justify it to myself. I'm hoping I can get at least $2K for my cavalier, and how much I get for that will pretty much be how much I spend for a Caprice. I want the 5.7L V8 and the caprices in my area have about 100K miles for $1600-$1700. Now if I get the caprice I can't keep the cavalier, so please convince me to get the caprice. Also, does the 5.7L V8 only make 260hp? I also have a 2001 Grand Caravan with the 3.7L V6 and it make 235hp so I would think the caprice has to be well into 300hp. Thanks alot and please try to answer any of the questions you can. Thanks again
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 10:06 PM   #2
redimpss5
AF Enthusiast

yes, the caprice with the 5.7 does have 260hp. when shopping, here is a trick, look for dual exhaust pipes. the cars with single exhaust have the 4.3 litre v-8 (aka slow) the 9c1 caprice has everything the impala ss has except leather. i have a x-cop car and it now has 185k and runs perfect!! i have seen these cars go 368,xxx plus and still going. i think if you find the right one, you can not go wrong. go to www.goissca.org for some answers.