Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
95cirrus
AF Newbie

disabling the factory Alarm

I have a 95 Cirrus that had a bad ECM..CODE 71..I installed a used ECM from another 95. The car cranked and ran like new money. on the way home I made a stop at the mall. When I returned, I unlocked the drivers side door with the key.(to my knowleged the central locking system does not work with the key). When I opened the door........Thats when I found out the car had a factory alarm......The horn went off and front headlights flashed!!!! I ended up pulling the fuse for the horn. I cannot get the system to reset. Even with the ecm disconnected the system will not reset. I have disconnected the battery for hours and this will not help.

I was told to insert the key into the drivers side door and lock then unlock the door and this should reset it...That didnt work so I was told to try the passenger side door..This also did not work.

I was told that there is a security module behind the dash that I have not tried.

I wanted to see if anyone else had had a similar problem before tackling this.

I made a call to the local chrysler dealership and was told that the ecm had to match the vin number.....But with the ecm disconnected you get the same result so I was thinking that that had nothing to do with it.

the part number on the original (bad) ECM is 04606064
the part number on the used (newer) ECM is 04606066

The engine will start but shuts off in about 3-5 seconds.

SO, what does this security module look like and can it be bypassed until I order one if thats the problem

thanks,
Kenneth
95cirrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #2
KENNETH HUBBARD46
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to KENNETH HUBBARD46 Send a message via Yahoo to KENNETH HUBBARD46
Re: disabling the factory Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95cirrus
I have a 95 Cirrus that had a bad ECM..CODE 71..I installed a used ECM from another 95. The car cranked and ran like new money. on the way home I made a stop at the mall. When I returned, I unlocked the drivers side door with the key.(to my knowleged the central locking system does not work with the key). When I opened the door........Thats when I found out the car had a factory alarm......The horn went off and front headlights flashed!!!! I ended up pulling the fuse for the horn. I cannot get the system to reset. Even with the ecm disconnected the system will not reset. I have disconnected the battery for hours and this will not help.

I was told to insert the key into the drivers side door and lock then unlock the door and this should reset it...That didnt work so I was told to try the passenger side door..This also did not work.

I was told that there is a security module behind the dash that I have not tried.

I made a call to the local chrysler dealership and was told that the ecm had to match the vin number.....But with the ecm disconnected you get the same result so I was thinking that that had nothing to do with it.

SO, what does this security module look like and can it be bypassed until I order one if thats the problem

thanks,
Kenneth
We have a similar problem with my wife's car.
When we unlock the passenger side door, it disables the alarm.
In the near future we will buy \ install a new alarm system.
When we bought the car, the keyless remote was lost prior to the previous owner trading it in.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:55 PM   #3
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

thanks,
Kenneth
You must have a bad switch in the driver's door. I would try to unlock the pass. door to see if it disarms.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
95cirrus
AF Newbie

disabling the factory Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
You must have a bad switch in the driver's door. I would try to unlock the pass. door to see if it disarms.

I took the door pin switch out and it only has one brown wire. Inside the door frame I was told by the dealer that there is another switch. There is not. The only other electrical connection is for the inertia reel lock on the seatbelt. whick has nothing to do with the alarm system....
The passenger side is the same as well.

The car was not equipped with keyless remote.

I have tried the drivers side and passenger door....Nothing works!!

The car has been at the dealer for two weeks now. They said they have not gotten chance to look at it!!!
ken
Old 11-29-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Boy, that sucks!!!
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:29 PM   #6
95cirrus
AF Newbie

Found out what it was....The PCM and the BCM are shorted....$1,400.00 to repair.......so I'm looking for a wrecked car to get them off.

Kenneth
Old 07-13-2005, 07:26 AM   #7
JenR5
AF Newbie

any luck?

I know it's been a while since everyone has been posting here, but I just started having the same problem. I'm looking for any advice I could get! Thanks!
JenR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
byron92
AF Newbie

same problem here guys my cirrus is stuck in wal mart parking lot, alarm will not go off disconnected battery cable sit for hours tryed keys in locks wont disable. looking for help myself.
byron92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #9
shortystired
AF Newbie

Quote:

thanks,
Kenneth

i saw on the internet where a guy had a red random wire he hooked to the psoitive side of a 9 volt battery and the negative side to body ground and it disabled the alarm. mine dont have a random red wire i looked very hard for one. if anyone has an answer on how to bypass this let me know cause i got one that is doing the same thing. i just want to bypass the factory alarm if possible
shortystired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #10
hs225041
AF Newbie

Have a 1999 Cirrus with a similar problem. I have been able to live with the problem, temporarily, by pulling horn fuse and taking out a flasher from the fuse box. Horn does not sound and the lights do not flash. This alarm is a pain suffered by several owners. This is one reason I got the car.
hs225041 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus