Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
ukguy1066
AF Newbie

Question Almera 1.8 Sport Plus.

need advice.... in the last 2 weeks i have noticed a problem that is driving me nutts!!! when i start the car it ticks over fine for about a minute then ticking over eraticaly and almost dies ..... also when driving i sometimes get the problem with the car "hesitating" ....like hic cupping it will do this for a few seconds then all will be ok again for a little while.. also the car has just seamed to loose most of its power over the last 2 weeks or so ie.. slow to pick up the speed.. pulling away ..... anyone got and ideas please???

on friday 18th this months i had replaced .. spark plugs.. air filter.. and a brand new clucth ( clutch was almost shot anyway) but i STILL have this problem

anyone help please ??

Rich .... UK
ukguy1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
psychopathicdude
AF Regular

Re: Almera 1.8 Sport Plus.

EFI? check the crank angle sensor....had mine come loose one time. Engine was erratic and unresponsive. Timing was advancing and retarding seemingly at random. Seems to help when its bolted down. Anyway, that's one thing to check.

Also, while engine is "almost dieing" fiddle around with the wiring harness...wiggle things. if wiggling a wire makes the engine run better (or worse) you could get a better idea where to start looking.

Intermittent problems are the worst....I wish you luck.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
ukguy1066
AF Newbie

thanks for the advice.. yes it is the EFI 16v model................. anyway i will try the things that you sugest and reply with any results that i get.

cheers!!
ukguy1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
steven scott
AF Newbie

Has it had the recall done for the crankshaft sensor? First port of call for me I think. Other thing could be stretched timing chain, but less likely. Still under warranty??
steven scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Anil
AF Newbie

check the mass air flow sensor if the engine dies or if the engine got rpm but no output from the transmission then check the sensor on the transmission their's two of them they malfunction at times
Anil is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza