Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 12:22 PM   #16
Caracicatriz
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Maxima with Juice only (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk2kmax
All I can say is look out for Jime when he runs the 3.5 with new slicks on 150shot. Can we say 11's?
Can we say blown engine. jk
Caracicatriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:22 PM   #17
ZackKVtec

my b, i thought you were talking about the 3.0
ZackKVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #18
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

I gotta be honest, I don't believe that he's just running a 100 shot, there is definitely something else going on. A 12.1 on a 100 shot? That is faster than a 400hp Ferrari 360 and a 500hp Ferrari 575M. And those are both RWD. Something doen't add up here.

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:10 AM   #19
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

You don't think the slicks vs. street would make the difference? If you notice in video, the Max got a great launch. Zero loss of traction.
SkyTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:31 PM   #20
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Maxima with Juice only (video)

i dunno either. 12.1 is really really fast. i'll bet that thing is totally gutted at least.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:57 PM   #21
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyTorch
You don't think the slicks vs. street would make the difference? If you notice in video, the Max got a great launch. Zero loss of traction.
No, slicks don't help THAT much. I would think a 100 shot 3.5 Max with slicks could run low 13's at best.

If he did manage to achieve that time with only a 100 shot and slicks, he must have COMPLETELY gutted it, like BP said. That thing would have to lose a couple hundred pounds.

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:43 PM   #22
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Let me clear up the doubt that seems to reside here, honestly I'm surprised by some of the members who doubt it, so here goes:

The Maxima 3.5 stock can run in 6spd form 14.2/14.1 add in headers alone will give you and extra 30 or so hp more than good enough to get you into the 13's, maybe 13.7 now add in a catback exhaust, intake or GAB, lightweight UDP, Rev Limiter Removal program<whichever you choose and I'd say you're running low 13's between 13.3-13.5.

I failed to mention that he (Jime) has done something (it is a secret for now) to manipulate the manifold but I'm certain that whatever it was has added to his numbers but the cat isn't outta the bag yet on that one.

Ok, now let's throw in the N20, we're talking 100shot, plus the slicks, let's say for arguments sake the shot is giving him at least 120hp to the wheels and all of that traction (as you can see in the video) is going to the ground so he isn't wasting time spinning as you'll tend to do in a normally aspirated Maxima, let alone a juiced one, so his power is actually being put to use.

Don't forget I said that he tricked out the manifold and as far as gutting, he didn't do anything except remove the backseat and ran on 1/4 tank 100octane<I think.

So it isn't as far fetched as you guys think, remember I think that Blu is running 13's on a stock 3.5 (Auto) Max, so factory freaks are common and let's say for argument's sake that he added that same 100shot and some headers plus all the other mods I mentioned to his ride and those slicks, then what kinda times would we be looking at then? Can anyone say 11 flat or high 10's?

Remember, you saw it on video and seeing is believing, now just wait for that 150shot, warmer weather and new slicks and 11's will be on vid for all of the doubters.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #23
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

he's probably got a 350z intake plenum and intake manifold or something along those lines.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:12 PM   #24
ZackKVtec

dude, you have got to be kidding me, 14.1 stock??? i know mag times are off sometimes but my road and track says 15.0 , and im not hating on the maxima, and a header adding 30 horsepower, COBON, does nissan use .00625" piping on the stock header?? if it really does add 30 hp what were the nissan engineers thinking. Yeah, 14.1 -> 13.7 with one breathing modification and then you go on to add intake, exhaust, and pulleys (lol) and you've dropped your e.t. almost a whole second?? i went to the track yesterday and a maxima that looked like the one in BP2K2Max's sig was running a consistent 16 flat, and if this shix about maximas dropping a second on their 1/4 mile time with i/h/e is the truth, than the maxima is born an asthmatic
Old 05-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #25
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackKVtec
if it really does add 30 hp what were the nissan engineers thinking.
Not hard. The Max will never have stock headers or much in the way of performance mods from the factory. It's a family sedan. It's the same reason that the Camry or Accord doesn't.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #26
ZackKVtec

then why do they boast about its 265 horses on the commercials, when they could soo easily be boasting 295?, what im saying is, it's not true that they in fact add 30 horses
Old 05-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #27
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
then why do they boast about its 265 horses on the commercials, when they could soo easily be boasting 295?, what im saying is, it's not true that they in fact add 30 horses
But if it was true, the max still wouldn't have headers. The reason it boast such horsepower is the because of the base VQ35 engine. It is also in the 350Z, I35, G35, Pathfinder, Altima 3.5, FX35 and the Murano I think. It's the standard Nissan V6 engine, at least today. Another in a series of top ten ranked engines.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #28
ZackKVtec

the maxima wouldnt have an exhaust header? what are you talking about?
Old 05-03-2004, 03:37 PM   #29
VQmax95
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to VQmax95

Quote:
the maxima wouldnt have an exhaust header? what are you talking about?
It would come with the stock Manifolds. I think skytorch is talking about aftermarket headers. I'm pretty sure the Headers that are made for the Max didn't make 30hp. I think it was like 7.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:40 PM   #30
VQmax95
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to VQmax95

Quote:
i went to the track yesterday and a maxima that looked like the one in BP2K2Max's sig was running a consistent 16 flat
Its quite possible that it was a 2k or 2k1. They had the 3.0, so they would be running considerably slower. Its easy to mistake the 2k-2k1s with the 2k2-2k3s if you don't know what you're looking for.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35