Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
1998mysticz28
AF Newbie

Hey guys (Semi Newb)

Hey guys, Its been awhile since i was a little kid, so i decided to get back in it. Yesterday I picked up to kits the Dodge Ram Vts pickup and a amt '65 gto. I have read the faqs and what not.

But i have to ask some questions, What do you guys use to paint the undercarriage? I couldnt find like a matte black at our hobby shop. Also is it just silver paint that you use for the exhaust.

I hope to learn a lot here and meet some great people

Thanks

Chris
1998mysticz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
spincarez
AF Newbie

Re: Hey guys (Semi Newb)

Hello Chris and welcome,
The undercarriage is painted flat or semi gloss black. On modern cars it is mostly the body color or so indicated in the instructions. The exhaust is mostly painted silver or alluminium with some weathering if needed.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
CFarias
AF Regular

Re: Hey guys (Semi Newb)

Welcome to the Forum:

I suggest purchasing these items in the form of a spray such as Testors 1249 flat black and 1246 silver. The undercarriage will look much better sprayed than if brush painted. Go easy with both colors and try not to coat all at once. Build up your coats so you don't risk overspraying. For a semi gloss sheen also purchase Testors 1261 Glosscote. Spraying a light coat of this over the flat black gives a more realistic appearance, in my opinion.

Also purchase a 3/8 flat brush and a bottle of Testors silver in the 1/4 oz bottle. Dry brush this very lightly onto the black when its dried and all the detail of the undercarriage will come out nicely.
CFarias is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling