Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
excheezhead
AF Regular

dtc code B2600

what the heck is dtc "B2600" on a 2001 gmc jimmy, 4.3L v6 w code 4l60e2wd 4dr???? i checked it 3 times to make sure i wasn't seeing things, as all the dtc's i've seen start with "P"??? it was the day after i had front and rear disc brakes pads and rotors turned and the fluid flushed, at 88ooo withthe stock pads and rotors. the tech removed the minimum from all 4 drotors, as i asked them to to remove the glazing. but no manual or alldatadiy can find "B2600"??? even "P2600 comes back as a non-existent code. any help would be great.
thanks.
excheezhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
rlith
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: dtc code B2600

Quote:
Originally Posted by excheezhead
what the heck is dtc "B2600" on a 2001 gmc jimmy, 4.3L v6 w code 4l60e2wd 4dr???? i checked it 3 times to make sure i wasn't seeing things, as all the dtc's i've seen start with "P"??? it was the day after i had front and rear disc brakes pads and rotors turned and the fluid flushed, at 88ooo withthe stock pads and rotors. the tech removed the minimum from all 4 drotors, as i asked them to to remove the glazing. but no manual or alldatadiy can find "B2600"??? even "P2600 comes back as a non-existent code. any help would be great.
thanks.
B is a body control module code..

95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
rlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
blazee
Problem?

Have you disabled your daytime running lights? If so, that's probably what's causing the code.
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
rlith
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith

B2600

Double Locking Door Motor Frozen

or
B2600 Seat Motor to Battery Voltage

95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
rlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
excheezhead
AF Regular

Thumbs up Re: dtc code B2600

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazee
Have you disabled your daytime running lights? If so, that's probably what's causing the code.
yep, used a trick i found on that website that hates drl' like me, and it bit me in the a##, so i put it back and the dtc's went away. now i gotta do the dome lite button dance every time i get init!!!!! drl's suck, wish there was a way to dis arm them without getting the dtc's. oh well, now i know all about the BCM and what it does, so any time you learn something, thats a good thing!
thanks for the come backs.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #6
blazee
Problem?

The most common way to disable the DRLs is by bending the tab on the relay, a few people have the problem of it setting DTCs, I guess that you were one of them.

There's another way to disable them, but I'm not sure exactly how it's done. My DRLs were disabled when I got my Blazer, and my relay is intact. It looks like they just removed the diode, but I haven't really checked it out, and I don't have a diode to put in and see if they will work.
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #7
excheezhead
AF Regular

Thumbs up Re: dtc code B2600

the we hate dtc lites people have posted several ways, one that seems best was to go into the BCM and disable the function by cutting a wire and grounding one side and tapping the other to a signal that tells the BCM that everyting is o.k. i didn't choose that one, as the whole dash looks like it has to come out to get to the cables to do this. so the short cut as always was the long way again!! there is also a way to use the e-brake signal to the BCM for drl's that fool's it too, without setting the e-brake lite, but i'm still looking at diagrahms for my specific vehicle as the instructions state the wire color changed for different gm body style and for some years. the site recomends a switch for a price and instructions, but i e'd all of them and none make a switch for chev/gm s15/jimmy/trailblazer's. so i'm still on it, just gonna take more time and work, but it will just make it more sweet when it finally works!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy