Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
Mr Wiggl3s
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mr Wiggl3s
Caddie making good quality now?

What do you owners of 98ish+ Caddie owners think of the over quality in your GM's?
Mr Wiggl3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
tdnyc
AF Regular

Re: Caddie making good quality now?

The quality in my ETC is excellent. Top notch and world class. Better than any BMW I have been in. Fit and finish is right there. Material quality is great. The only plastic in the car is the plastic on the radio. I love my Edorado. My CTS is great too, but not like the ETC. Its an entry level car that is better built than a 3 Series from what I have observed. It has a good level of plastic in it but like I said, its entry level. Fit and finish is right there with the Eldorado. The seats are great. Side supports hold me very well in my place. And with a 100,000 miles, everything is just like new. No rattles, no shimmys, no nothing, in either car, but pure comfort. I love my Cadillacs. I wouldn't own anything else.
tdnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Mr Wiggl3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnyc
The quality in my ETC is excellent. Top notch and world class. Better than any BMW I have been in. Fit and finish is right there. Material quality is great. The only plastic in the car is the plastic on the radio. I love my Edorado. My CTS is great too, but not like the ETC. Its an entry level car that is better built than a 3 Series from what I have observed. It has a good level of plastic in it but like I said, its entry level. Fit and finish is right there with the Eldorado. The seats are great. Side supports hold me very well in my place. And with a 100,000 miles, everything is just like new. No rattles, no shimmys, no nothing, in either car, but pure comfort. I love my Cadillacs. I wouldn't own anything else.
Then you've never owned a lincoln my friend
Old 05-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
jase386
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to jase386

I have 2 Lincolns and a Caddy, id take the Caddy any day over them as far as quality goes. I have a 72 lincoln which is ok, lots of plastic for the year. Also have an 89 Town Car Lots of Rattly Plastic parts, only 80,000 miles. Uses oil. The leather is faded although the car has been Babied by my family since new.

I have a 93 Cadillac 6 Door Family car, and there are no rattles, it uses no oil, it has 80,000 miles on it as well. The leather is soft and in good condition.
The Caddy is a pleasure to drive.

However with the lincoln suspension the towncar is great for trips, you just glide like riding on a feather pillow. and it corners really nicely for such a large floaty car. I like the way my lincolns look and drive, i just wish ford had put a little more efford into building them to last.

Most fords i see have fell apart by 100k miles, but there is always the odd ford that goes 300k miles and keeps on keeping on. go figure.
jase386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
Mr Wiggl3s
Banned

I know what you mean, i wish they made/make good quality. Im always going to be a GM guy because of that
Old 05-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
tdnyc
AF Regular

Quote:
Then you've never owned a lincoln my friend
Please buddy. I don't need to own them. I have driven more than enough of them. Many more than you Im sure. They are no more then mere copies of Fords. The quality of a Lincoln does not, and never has, matched up to that of a Cadillac. When I say quality Im talking about build quality, materials, and fit and finish. The two don't compare. Cadillac is a decade ahead of Lincoln and has been for 30 years. They don't even compete. Lincoln's main competitor is Buick, and they struggle with that. Lincolns have a nice ride. That is all. I still perfer the ride of a Cadillac. By saying "Then you've never owned a lincoln my friend" I assume you are referring to what I said about my Eldorado. Yet in a later post you say you don't like Lincoln's quality and you like GM for that. Now Im lost. Make up your mind. Then post. But remember what I said. Lincoln is far behind everyone. They have a long way to go before they become world class. I think it is you, that has not had the opprotunity to drive a Cadillac, or own one for that matter.
tdnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #7
Mr Wiggl3s
Banned

Lincons ride quality is gread, i love the way they drive
However, some of the engine shit on mine needs tweaking, like the E-brake release, the EGR, the ICM, water pump goes at about 130k, just shit like that

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion