Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 01:57 PM   #16
Naxxal
AF Newbie

Re: Re: How to take the starter out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtwo
Just want to let your guys know I have my starter replaced at Strauss for $170 and it is a new one.
Sounds like a fair price for a new starter and labor. I had a problem starting my car before, didn't know a thing about a problem, Starter, Battery or a Distributor, well I knew how to check battery, so it was fine. I had no clue where and how to replace starter well bought a remanufactured one from Auto Advanced Parts for $150 with the core of $50. Well me and my friend found my starter in couple of minutes, but it took us 1 or 1.5 hours to replace it, it doen't take long, just remove both nuts, one has to be unscrewed from beneath the car and other from the top. The top one is the mess, if you don't have the right instrumests you pretty much screwed, because that nut is way too hard to get it out. Got lucky that my tool set included all the sizes i needed. My point is that i knew nothing about starter and heard it costs good money to replace it than why couldn't i do it myself. Well, as you al know, the time you spend doing it yourself by having no clue on how to do it will pay you the amount you saved to pay a mechanic for his labor.
Naxxal is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz