Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 12:29 PM   #1
profromdover
AF Newbie

'97 Conti Door Panel Removal

I have a 1997 Continental.
I need to remove the drivers side door panel to gain access to the window mechanism.
Can someone please offer information as to how to remove the door panel,switches and everything else attached to it ?
I assume there are screws, bolts and clips to contend with, and some specific order things have to be done in......

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by profromdover; 09-07-2004 at 11:09 PM.
profromdover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #2
GlassesRx
AF Newbie

Re: '97 Conti Door Panel Removal

I have the same "lucky" car. There is a plate in the door handle you can just pop off with a screw driver. Unscrew 2 screws there. There are also 2 small screws on the bottom of the door. Gotta get on your hands and knees on this one.The rest you just pop off the fasteners with a removal tool. Becareful not to break any! They are hard to replace, probably lincoln part. If you do, nothing a little super glue wouldn't fix! It will make some noise when you pop out the panel, cross your fingers! Good luck!
GlassesRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #3
profromdover
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '97 Conti Door Panel Removal

Thanks for the info.
Can you, or anyone else, give me any more specifics as to how many fasteners there are on this panel and their general locations.
I forsee myself missing a few and breaking them....... !!!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesRx
I have the same "lucky" car. There is a plate in the door handle you can just pop off with a screw driver. Unscrew 2 screws there. There are also 2 small screws on the bottom of the door. Gotta get on your hands and knees on this one.The rest you just pop off the fasteners with a removal tool. Becareful not to break any! They are hard to replace, probably lincoln part. If you do, nothing a little super glue wouldn't fix! It will make some noise when you pop out the panel, cross your fingers! Good luck!
profromdover is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Continental