Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:35 PM   #16
Mikelb
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: street racing?

I agree... my AE92 (4AFE) killed a freaking Accord, Civic, CRX, and Mustang... I've only done little to the engine... but the 0-60 is about 5-6 secs... and I love it... I street race... in controlled environments... We either block the streets, or use dead ends... my g/f has a/b 1/2-2 mile of dead end... perfect for racing... hey, it's still a street
Mikelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:03 AM   #17
Dimension_X
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dimension_X Send a message via MSN to Dimension_X Send a message via Yahoo to Dimension_X
Cool mmmmm automatic racing!!!

OOO YEAH! I jsut saw racing and had to reply, yes squeeling out makes u slower, but I have yet to see a corolla, (auto) that can do it, such low torque unless u have bald tires or wet pavement good luck, LOL> I usually jsut gun it to about 5k RPM throw it into neutral lewt it REDLINE and slam it back into drive that goves me a nice littel boost and a delayed peel out, and ver statisfactory jump, hoewver i think i have ruined my trranny in doing so, lol it was all worth it.
Dimension_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:45 AM   #18
Mikelb
AF Enthusiast

Talking

Yes, well that's why I have a stick.... I also dropped the car's weight some.... took out some panels... and who needs back seats... if you want you could even drop the spare... passenger seat.... and most of the dash.... good for racing, not showing or being in the street scene... besides most of that weight is actually replaced with my subs and box...
Old 12-06-2004, 04:25 PM   #19
Dimension_X
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dimension_X Send a message via MSN to Dimension_X Send a message via Yahoo to Dimension_X
Re: Re: street racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homie774899
well then the driver of the porche didn't know how to bang them gears

FUCK YOU! STREET RACING IS FUN! hehe i m not seriosu about the fuck you part, jsut expresing myself. However i agree that the prosche wasnt trying, Iknow when ppl try and I try u can tell when ppl are trying to kick yur ass, Ive had a few nice drags but a redlight susally ends it, and cry me a river about streetracers man, its fun ok! We dont kill people we usually kill ourselves so dont u worry your pretty little head Ill be sure to avoid you on the road, LOL
Old 12-06-2004, 04:58 PM   #20
93rollaracer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93rollaracer
Re: Re: Re: street racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension_X
FUCK YOU! STREET RACING IS FUN! hehe i m not seriosu about the fuck you part, jsut expresing myself. However i agree that the prosche wasnt trying, Iknow when ppl try and I try u can tell when ppl are trying to kick yur ass, Ive had a few nice drags but a redlight susally ends it, and cry me a river about streetracers man, its fun ok! We dont kill people we usually kill ourselves so dont u worry your pretty little head Ill be sure to avoid you on the road, LOL
ok 2 things...

1) if you think you're the only one in danger when you race, go here:
http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/streetrace.htm
'nuff said. saying you're not hurting anybody else is just stupid

2) redlining it in neutral and then dumping it into drive is one of the worst things you can do to your car. it'll destroy your tranny almost instantly.

Proud member of DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86

Metalheads: 93rolleracer

crazy sons of bitches who get hammered, break shit, and scream. yeah, they're pretty cool. right up to the point when they lynch a black guy.
93rollaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:25 AM   #21
Dimension_X
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: street racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93rollaracer
ok 2 things...

1) if you think you're the only one in danger when you race, go here:
http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/streetrace.htm
'nuff said. saying you're not hurting anybody else is just stupid

2) redlining it in neutral and then dumping it into drive is one of the worst things you can do to your car. it'll destroy your tranny almost instantly.

Ok i was jsut kiddiing about the whole "fuck you" thing, and secondly if i go out of controll im going to drive off a cliff only illing myself, and i am very good i can control my car well and if i get in the shit i know how to stop my self even if it means injuring myself or my car and no one else.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:32 AM   #22
93rollaracer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93rollaracer

i wasn't looking at the fuck you part. if you look at a lot of those stories, it was mostly teenage kids that thought they were invincible and ended up racing thru rush hour traffic and killing somebody minding their own business. if you race in the middle of the night with nobody around, fine, you're only gonna hurt your self. if you race thru traffic you WILL eventually hurt somebody. i don't care if you're Mario Andretti, if something bad happens when you're going that fast, physics take over and you're fucked.

Proud member of DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86

Metalheads: 93rolleracer

crazy sons of bitches who get hammered, break shit, and scream. yeah, they're pretty cool. right up to the point when they lynch a black guy.
93rollaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:36 PM   #23
smoke_u
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to smoke_u

i agree, i have an 04 corolla and am pretty confident that i can beat most hondas i pull up next to
smoke_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #24
Mikelb
AF Enthusiast

most definitely, mine was stock, he had intake plus a few other mods...
Old 12-11-2004, 04:36 AM   #25
90Corolla
AF Newbie

Just wanted to say that to whoever said that Toyota's dont have torque you obviously dont do your homework. The f in 4afe in my car represents fuel efficient from the head design that gives it much more low end than anything in its class. Toyotas are excellent street cars because of their RELIABILITY. Someone said something about a neutral drop. That can be very bad for your tranny however thats how i do it but not at redline. to tell you how reliable my Corolla is i have gon to shift into neutral going 45 and my reverse lockout(auto) didnt work. it shifted into reverse and it still gets me around town pretty good. Everyone talks about how the only good Toyotas are the Supras and such. well i owned a 1988 supra NA and you know what? my Corolla seemed a bit faster because of 2 things response and weight. dont down a car just because of its et or 0-60 there are many things that can change. and i believe the guy about the porsche. there nice cars but most people buy them as a status symbol. they dont take care of them and it comes out in performance. the faster you go the more you gotta maintain it. Too many people just get in and drive and dont give a damn that there car runs like shit. Maybe the guy fucked up on a shift or something.
90Corolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:08 PM   #26
84trueno
AF Newbie

well u dont no nothing jeff sparrow im dropping a 7M-GE supra motor in SR5 getting it fit4ed and cutting the fire wall my self so dont say a corolla ant worth raceing
84trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #27
machine001
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WissNX01
First of all, Street racing is illegal and irresponsible. There are tracks out there if your interested in drag racing.

Second of all, there is no way in hell that your little Toyota blew off a Porsche. Do you realize how expensive those cars are? Someone that owns one most likely will not waste his time on a Toyota, or most any other car.

Back to this street racing thing, I dont know where you live, but its assholes like you that fuck up insurance for others. Among other things, people like you murder innocent pedestrians and other motorists. Yeah, its murder, fuck face. Either way, you wont understand that until you slam into someone and are getting fucked twice a day by your cellmate and are being his bitch to everyone else that has a pack of smokes for trade.

Hey did you ever work in Beaufort. You remind me of someone I worked with. He overhead me talking with some friend about how a bunch of insurance co. wanted to charge me 400 dollars a with a clean driving record ( I had been driving for 2 years got my liscend when I was 18)month for my 4dr. Mazda protege 98. They said it was high becuause I was under 21 and those cars had a high theft rate..."sure it does...yeah right
The next thing I know he is jumping down my throat saying it becuase of nuts like me that makes his insurance high. It not really my fault that I was born in 82 or that I needed transportation to get to work.

I still didn't fully understand why he was upset with me. I was great driver then.....THen somehting happend...I got a 03 corolla S. I got tickets and my isurance went down. 113 and month with 2 cars (protege and corolla) I love Geico. I love the need for speed with my corolla
machine001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #28
machine001
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coo|ldude
hey pplz.
just wondering. what is actually the fastest way of take off on a set of lights.?
i usually juss rev till bout 4500 rpm then let go of clutch so yeh..

does ripping a burnout make it slower??

anyone teach me any techniques for the fastest way of taking off?

plus.. if ur racing.. should u change gears at the redline? or wenever u think its the right time by the sounds of ur engine?

soz for the noob questions..

tata :d

Hey I don't really no the answer to your qestion (on accident I bought an auto) anyway this guy polo708 might know. His knowlegde about corollas is pretty impressive. I am getting a TRD supercharger for it and I found out from him some other neat little performance enhancing items I could get to improve the supercharger. go to toyotanation.com forum or 03corolla.org
machine001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:34 AM   #29
Mikelb
AF Enthusiast

Man, bad news you guys. Something happed to my Corolla.... It got stuck in 3rd gear (manual), so I had to get another car. I got a 91 Dodge Stealth (Dodge's 3000gt), I love this car, but I am still planning on rebuilding the Corolla... throwing the c52 tranny and the 4agze engine.... changing that from super to turbo... and seeing what happens
Old 02-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #30
locster559
AF Newbie

well i think corollas are one of the best cars out there. a stock corolla can take a stock honda anytime. its in the shoes. and my corolla has cold air with headers and 2 1/4 inch pipe to the back and i take all kinds of ricky racers all the time. v6's arent a sweat off my nuts. street racing is also 4 the rush then and there. if you make a bad choice you will pay for it. but if it wasnt 4 the rush... a lot of people would do other things.
locster559 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz