Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sprinter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #16
chrisellis
AF Newbie

its on best motoring international vol 5 im pretty sure. Not only does the 86 beat the r34 on the downhill but it also beats it on the uphill run.. watch the very end of the video. That is one special car though, not something to compare a normal 86 to, the car shown is owned by the drift king (Keiichi Tsuchiya), and more to the point, was built entirely by TRD and presented to him. So its one fine example of an 86. Still it is very possible to have an 86 that will out perform most of the cars you see on initial d, i know mine does. I bought it for $5000AU with a 4A-GZE engine in it, lets just say that i keep up with brand new WRX STi's on the straightaway.. and we all know how well an 86 will handle with a suspension upgrade. But to all you people out there who just want an 86 to drift becasue of initial d, always remember safety first, dont push urself on the roads, save it for the track. And if ur just learning how to drive, dont drift at all, do advanced driving courses, learn how your car handles and respondes but most importantly learn how to conrol it. Have respect for your car or you wont have it for long. Just my 2 cents.. hope it helps someone.
chrisellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #17
Valakin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Valakin Send a message via MSN to Valakin Send a message via Yahoo to Valakin
And the ass whomping commenced

OK time to bring up an obandoned issue. Yes the Corolla would fuck up the Skyline. Check out Ueo's run at D1 last year. Modded to run at 240hp the little corolla killed the skyline, the supra, the rx7, and the silvia. So take a look at some drift times and records... The corolla can own much ass even if its underpowered. Take a look at last years Super Street ( ill find the issue number when i get off work ). There is a great article in there about it.

When it comes to the ae86 this is the secret... small light weight car running modest hp with a bad ass crazy driver = fucking up your super " I gotta brake for this turn " show car.
Valakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:44 PM   #18
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

Yeah, it being to light would have to be the reason for it kicking ass, but I think if anyone really wanted to boost up the HP and have the money and parts to do so I would say it would be a pretty though car.

( I never seen the Initial D, but I love anime, I'll have to check it out. It's cool that the guy has a trueno, I'd want it more than a corolla. )

Also, could anyone help me find performance parts for the '85Corolla hatchback.

Last edited by {Hachi-Roku}; 11-07-2004 at 07:43 PM.
{Hachi-Roku} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:26 AM   #19
chowmein
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to chowmein
Re: Re: initial d help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial_D
I saw a downhill race on video between AE86 and GT-R R34,,,,,, guess who won?
the 86 won the downhill race , so everything in Initial d is true but no one can drive like tak unless if he's a great drifter (( with some luck))

where did you find this video, i really doubt that an AE86 beat a GT-R R34 at that, on the downhill. R34 ATTESA system has drivetrain that can conquer downhill as well.

initial d - american version is truly insulting to the jap anime. voice-over is terrible, the names are all wrong!
chowmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 02:28 PM   #20
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

I wouldn't doubt the GT-R lost, but then again the AE86 is a whole lot lighter. It does seem a little strange, but I seen a mini van beat a comaro.(it was funny stuff)
Old 11-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #21
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

Re: initial d help

I've seen that video too, it was a panda trueno against a blue R34. The Hachi dominated on that course.
racer_in_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:19 PM   #22
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

I think I'll stick to the AE86, I'm savin some money now, I got about 400 bucks, and I don't even have a job I plan to get one soon thoguh.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:12 PM   #23
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

AE86, corolla GTS, SR5, Levin, Trueno, Hachiroku are all pretty much the same thing. The levin has set lights, the trueno has pop up lights. The Corolla GTS and the Corolla SR5 are the US versions of the Hachi.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:56 AM   #24
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

Yeah, they are the same thing, but the Trueno is from japan and it has the steering wheel on the right side. But that would be the only major diffrence.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:23 PM   #25
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

Hey, are there any turbos for the AE86('85 corolla GT-S) or innercoolers? Do you think the engine could handle it?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #26
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

There is an aftermarket turbo for the corolla, I forget who makes it. I think it's Greddy though. You have to do some mods but yeah, it can handle it.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:12 PM   #27
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

Yeah, I don't think I'm getting the AE86 anymore, probably and 240SX, FD, or FC. Once I get a little more money maybe i'll buy a cheep AE86 for a project or something, maybe a drifting car.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:34 AM   #28
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

out of those cars that you have on your list, I have three of them. The one I don't have is the FC. They're all good project cars. The bad thing is the 240 is the "new honda" now.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #29
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. It's because drifting is getting more popular and that seems to be a the car everyone likes, but the S13 is the more popular than the 240SX but they're almost the same car. That's why I was leaning toward one of the RX-7's, I kinda like the RX-7 Turbo II, it has a good engine in it too, it would be fun to work on.

What cars have you modded and wich one you think is the best?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 PM   #30
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

I haven't worked on any of them yet. I'm prepping an engine for the corolla right now, I got some parts for all of them but they're not on the cars. I don't have much time to work on them. I like to mess around with the little corolla right now, it's pretty hard to break down compared to the others and the cheapest to fix too.

Have you decided which one to go for?