Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 05:51 PM   #1
MCDude
AF Newbie

Which car should I buy?

Hello,
I want to buy a nice and big hybrid SUV, and I've chosen the 2024 Volvo XC90 PHEV and the 2024 Lexus TX 350. They're both good, but I can't decide on which one to buy. Can anyone recommend to me which one to buy in terms of reliability and reputation, etc?
Thanks.
MCDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 08:47 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Which car should I buy?

From the perspective of reliability, that would swing the pendulum towards the Lexus. It's a Toyota, which are known for reliability, and Toyota has also been doing more with hybrids than pretty much any other automobile manufacturer.

I suspect parts will be less expensive for the Lexus than a Volvo, although I'm not positive on that. But finding someone familiar with a Toyota/Lexis to work on it will likely also be easier than for a Volvo.

-Rod
shorod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 04:11 PM   #3
Car Lover 007
AF Newbie

I have been a Tow Truck Operator for 8+ years and I hardly ever tow Lexus SUVs. I think Volvo isn’t as popular though so, less of them are on the road. I would suggest that you spend your money on a Lexus because, Volvo might have you waiting longer for repairs or parts due to the lesser demand for the brand. I have not heard of Volvo being a leader in the electronics department. That new Volvo might have a problematic issue that hasn’t been discovered yet and you could be one of the new owners to experience it.
Car Lover 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:55 PM   #4
Mamson
AF Newbie

I work for a Volvo dealership, admittedly as a photographer and not a salesman or mechanic, but I cannot recomend you buy a new Volvo. For myself, the few Lexus' I've had the privilege to drive have been great, zero issues. Perhaps working for them have tainted my view, but modern Volvo's hold zero interest to me. The interior is the same across all makes and models, as it has been for the past couple years. Every model has the same 2.0L 4 Cylinder (Turbo and Supercharger) that feels sluggish on acceleration in any of the bigger (and more importantly heavier) models. Their modern "safety" features I find to be nothing but a nuisance at best, and aggravating at worst. The mirrors automatically tilt down when you reversse, which I personally despise. My biggest gripe with it is when you reverse, they have a sensor that beeps at you when you approach something they think is in the way, pretty standard stuff. What I HATE is that if you roll over ANYTHING, for example a 1/2' lip on the floor such as the one in my shop, it JERKS to a stop and there seems to be no way to turn it off. I talked to a sales rep about it and was told and I quote "yeah, they're a bit sensitive". Ultimately, choose what fits the best in your budget, and feels the best to you, just thought I'd share my personal opinions
Mamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 03:46 AM   #5
BobMvk7
AF Newbie

Hi!
Both the 2024 Volvo XC90 PHEV and the 2024 Lexus TX 350 are both good cars.
They are considered reliable, Volvo and Lexus have a good reputation for quality cars.
The Volvo XC90 PHEV is a hybrid car, unlike Lexus, if environmental friendliness is important to you.
I recommend, just like previous commentators, just sit in these cars and take a test drive in the showroom. you should feel the car that it is yours.
Well, consider maintenance costs.
BobMvk7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
assistance , buying , car
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General