Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 07:45 PM   #1
MPWR
Image Hosting Exceeded

Lamborghini Miura SV (Hasegawa)

Been a while since I posted anything.

Unfortunately, I can't say that the pandemic was a very productive time for me. I felt like it should have been. It was potentially a good opportunity, if nothing else. But I didn't get much traction. I know people who cleared out their closets and organized their lives- or at least so they told me.

But I did pull Hasegawa's Miura kit off of my shelf. I felt like I would benefit from a straightforward out of the box build. I even had a great bottle of paint for the body- anybody remember CobraColors?!

So this is one of the few builds that I did manage. And mostly, the kit was a freakin' great OOB!- except where it wasn't. Which really was my own fault- it can be helpful to read the instructions and plan a build before just tearing into it. But it all still came out pretty good.

All out of the box here. I added foil and flocking. What a beautiful example of a 70's supercar interior!

Hasegawa included some photoetched details for the cockpit- mostly chrome bezel rings to go around air vents and such. They turn out to be a good match for all the BMF trim work that the Miura needs.

Paint is Model Master Acryl insignia blue- a nice vibrant tone. It seems that Model Master died an unfortunate death during the pandemic. It certainly did nothing to help my mood. But I'm moving on. Lately, I really like Tamiya's new line of bottled lacquers. I think I'm going to be OK!

Thanks for looking, more soon.
mrgixxer (07-04-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 02:10 AM   #2
potsie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lamborghini Miura SV (Hasegawa)

Wow, fantastic start. I agree with you, this just screams 1970's!!
potsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 02:14 AM   #3
Deathtrap
AF Regular

Yeah I can appreciate the blue as well. A bit over the top for a over the top brand.
Deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:45 AM   #4
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Fantastic start...
Robi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 03:32 PM   #5
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

That's a fabulous looking interior tub. I usually don't think flocking is very convincing, but yours looks spot on. You're helped by the time period's carpeting, but you've also applied it really skillfully and it looks great! Also, what a color!

Also - I miss Cobra Colors so much. His paints were confidence in a jar, so so good and easy to use.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 02:31 PM   #6
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

Great start! I like that vibrant blue interior!
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street