Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 3
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
kebas239
AF Newbie

Car Shaking after Brake Job

Hello,

I recently did a brake job on my 2007 Mazda 3s (2.3L) with my cousin. In the back, the rotors were completely rusted and warped with low, but uneven pad wear due to both calipers being seized and having ripped rubber on them. The front brake pads were also very low, but the rotors were in mediocre shape. We ended up replacing all of the rotors, all of the brake pads and the two seized calipers in the rear of the car.

After doing this, I began having problems with shaking/rattling. It's loud - bad enough where my windows and plastic inside the car are vibrating louder than my music. The steering wheel also shakes at times, but not too terribly. This is constant and occurs whether I'm braking or not. There are also creaking noises when I'm driving at lower speeds.

All of the equipment is new and appears to have been installed properly so I'm a bit puzzled on why I'm having trouble. I tried to make sure the rotors were seated correctly and lubricant was applied to the moving parts.

Does anyone know what may cause this?
kebas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
kebas239
AF Newbie

Re: Car Shaking after Brake Job

In case anyone was wondering, I found my problem. Or should I say it found me. I made an appointment for the mechanic after work, but when I was driving to work my tire came off the assembly at 65 MPH. It destroyed the rotor in the back, but nothing else appears to be damaged save scrapes in the rim and underside of the car. I was able to have the rotor changed and drive back to my house. The car is quiet now and appears to be functioning fine.

Guess the lesson here is...If your car is shaking after doing anything in which you'd remove the tires - Check the bolts and MAKE SURE THEY'RE ON TIGHT!!! I hand tightened them as hard as I could but it was apparently not enough.

Thanks.
kebas239 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 3