Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
nibls66
AF Newbie

23 year old guy not sure what to do, sell or don't sell?

I am asking this question because I really have no idea as to what the answer might be. I currently own very clean 77 firebird (which means its smog legal) with a new chevy 350, brand new silver paint job, new transmission, cragar street star rims, alpine stereo w/amp, and with a clean interior. I would like to sell this car and I have absolutely no idea what the selling price should be? I am just looking for a poll on what you think I can get for this car in California during an August Good Guys car show in Pleasanton, CA. Of course the other option is to just keep it!! Thanks for any answers I get back!!
nibls66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
Net
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Net
If u were in Oz, u should keep that.
Or u could sell it here, for up to AUS$25k, dependant on who wants it, even with left hook.
Sounds nice tho.
Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:27 AM   #3
9ball
AF Regular

So it's a Firebird, not a TA? In nice condition I'd say 5 grand, but that may be a little optimistic. I only say that because that body style tends to go for a LOT of money. I've seen guys around Indiana let go of Smoky and the Bandit style TA's for over 10 grand, but that's just crazy IMO. Everything depends on condition though. Look at the classifieds and compare your car to others like it.
9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:35 PM   #4
bm2boats
AF Regular

Forget about the rims and radio. It is the car. If it is clean, No accidents no bondo, never in a flood. Here in NJ, you might get $5,000.00 to maybe $8,000.00. If you had all Factory parts in it( Orin.) You might get $10,000.00.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:11 PM   #5
hangman
AF Newbie

if u would really like to know then bring it to a dealer to have them appraise it. you might fetch 10 grand in MN, or u should go to www.kbb.com thats is the site for kelly blue book which gives a general estimate for your car based on model year and condition. if it is as good as you say you might get 15000 for it
hangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:42 PM   #6
carguyinok
AF Enthusiast

I say it real hard to say without seeing As the others have said if you take it to a rust state you could see more money from it. The only down side there is the fresh paint. Yes that can sound but most people in rust states start wondering and standoff with not knowing whats under that new paint. IMO your best bet is to take it to the show and put for sale on it with a high price with best offer. It sounds like you dont need the money and would miss the car. So dont give it away. It sounds funny but if you over price it alittle people will think more of it because it shows your love for it. Plus when they drop an offer it would be closer to what you want with them thinking there getting a buy. Now this is said with thinking the car is worth a good asking price. If it's a fast cheap repaint with a aftermarket motor then who knows.
good + cheap = not fast

Because the water has no speed limits
carguyinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:55 AM   #7
monty120
AF Newbie

Re: 23 year old guy not sure what to do, sell or don't sell?

in wisconsin, you could get $8000-12,000. I really would need to see it to give an exact price. I would put it up for sale at the show, but w/ out a price. This way when people approach you to buy it you can tell them about the car and hear offers, when you hear a offer you would accept(ex. $10000) say , well i was thinking more like 11,500, maybe you will get 10,750.
monty120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #8
Ground Rat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ground Rat

You really need to post pics and give the details about engine and drivetrain mods, otherwise we have no idea what it is worth.
'92 Typhoon #591
Ground Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 AM   #9
Autofreefindersguy
Banned

If its just a 77 Firebird and not a Formula or T/A then its not worth anywhere close to $10,000 people...

Depending on condition...$3,000-$5000 tops IMHO...
Autofreefindersguy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars