Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:54 PM   #1
04pjR6Hauler
AF Newbie

The Best sounding Exhaust!

I have a 2004 TRD PreRunner Tacoma. I spent months searching for an exhaust system with the right performance and SOUND! I found it & would like to share it with my fellow Taco owners...
"Spin Tech!" - some people my have never heard of it but this muffler is by far my favorite compared to magnaflo & flowmaster. The sound of this exhaust is SICK! low & mellow on idol a bit burly.....Roars on pedal to metal, just like the GT muscle cars. Keep in mind I have the V6 Taco.

Check this muffler out gents.
Tell me your opinion!

Last edited by 04pjR6Hauler; 12-31-2004 at 05:15 PM.
04pjR6Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
TRD-TOYZ
AF Newbie

So it sounds great, but what kind of performance are you getting from it. I actually went to an exhaust shop that specialize strictly in exhaust systems and nothing else. They showed me test results that showed spin tech giving an extra 2hp. At the top of the list was borla and flowmaster. The shop actually had a spintech muffler cut open so perople could see inside. There was a lot of chambers with these circles to spin the air I guess. The shop said that there's a lot of people coming to their shop to have it removed and replaced with flowmaster or borla. Those people said they felt a very big difference. But if you're getting great perfermance, then that's great. I went with Borla.
TRD-TOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
trucold
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to trucold
better exhaust

I own a 02 taco and just put my JBA headers on it and I can tell you one thing. My raven performance muffler is straight LOUD. If you want the loudest exhaust then go with a raven exhaust. My exhaust is dumped right after the muffler and just reaches the legal limit and I set off car alarms daily (my neighbors hate it). All in all, I believe you should go with a raven check out your local midas dealer and see whats up. My V6 is louder then my buddies dodge with a magnum engine and near similar type exhaust.
trucold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:47 AM   #4
armani166
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to armani166
Re: The Best sounding Exhaust!

Does borla have a fairly decent sound and what does it sound like?
armani166 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma