Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 10:16 PM   #1
5_LiTeR_EaTeR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 5_LiTeR_EaTeR
Clutch Replacement

So if you haven't heard yet I have a b16 in my CRX.. YAY! It starts to slips like hell only at certain times in 3rd or 4th but 1st and 2nd pull like crazy. Also when I dump a holeshot it slips too. Has anyone ever replaced a clutch with a b16a? I am good enough to replace it myself but i don't know since there is a different trans and motor setup I don't know if it will be easy to drop the trans or just pull the motor with it. Also do you know what car I should buy the clutch for? I think its 90-93 Integra DOHC cable. Please verify someone. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!
5_LiTeR_EaTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 01:22 AM   #2
CivicEx95
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CivicEx95 Send a message via AIM to CivicEx95
I just installed an ACT Heavy Duty Pressure plate and flywheel into the B18C1 I just got. It took me about 4 hour all by myself. Of course the engine was out of the car. It's not hard to do. If you need, I can scan the 2 pages out the of the helms manual for you.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t43003.html
CivicEx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 03:28 AM   #3
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Just drop the g/box out of the car.

Its far easier then pulling the engine out.
You only have to unplug the few wires in the g.box, and the clutch cable.
I had to drop my frount subframe, but its quite differnt to the USDM EF's so I dont know about your car.
And also remove the trailing link from the g.box side.
And of course pull both axles.

Then unbolt it and pull it off.

Theres no need to mess with wated hoses etc.

The only thing to remember is to align the clutch properly before you put it all back together.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:35 PM   #4
5_LiTeR_EaTeR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 5_LiTeR_EaTeR
yeah thats what I was figuring. I just didn't know since its a JDM motor and tranny I didn't know if i was going to have clearance problems or anything else. I took a look at it yesterday and it looked like it would drop right out. Anyways Highschool nationals was today at Milan Dragway... ever see a school bus pull a wheelie all the way down the track? ouch. Word of advice... Don't hit pot holes. I broke 2 wheel studs and luckly my friend was behind me and said my wheel was about to fall off. Whobblin' like a bitch. Got into my shop and replaced all 4 of them in half an hour. Fun shit. So do you know where I can get a good clutch for a cheap price? Ican get things wholesale but I don't like making accounts with people because i only buy from them like once. Thanks for your help.
5_LiTeR_EaTeR is offline   Reply With Quote