Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Achieva
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
sircharles121
AF Newbie

94 Achieva rough idle and shaking (PLEASE HELP)

Hi I have a 94 Olds Achieva and it used to stall on me after only driving a few feet if I let the rpms drop to about idle. However it wouldnt do this if i let it warm up before i drove it. Now I have a new problem, it idles very rough and acts like it wants to stall. When I drive the car it will run good as long as im giving it moderate gas and the rmps are in the 3000 range. However when I am driving on a flat and straight road and dont have to give it much gas the rpms will suddenly drop and the car will start shaking very badly. It will stop shaking for about 20 seconds if I let off the gas and then get back on it again. Also if I am going up a hill the car will shift late and sometimes I can give it full throttle and it still wont shift and ill be stuck in too high of a gear for a few seconds. Obviously this must be caused by some kind of tranny problem, but I am not very good with cars and dont know why it would also make the car idle rough and sometimes stall. Any help with this would be GREATLY appriciated, if any more information about the car would help just let me know. thanks in advance
sircharles121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
okmech1
AF Newbie

Re: 94 Achieva rough idle and shaking (PLEASE HELP)

When was the last tune-up done? my 94 was not nearly that violent, but before changing the plugs and wires at about 107K, it was having some hesitation.
okmech1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Achieva