Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 10:41 AM   #31
ScottG
AF Enthusiast

You guys are hard core! You should have bought a mid 80's Toyota 4 Runner to do this kind of stuff to.

I have Herculiner in my Jeep. They sell a do it youself kit which I have seen for $50 to $100. I had to go over the paint with a grinder to get the stuff to stick. That's not something I would do to my Xterra.

It is a good idea for a mud buggy; but for everyday driving it will definately be hot and noisey. I would think that your resale value would turn to shit as well :smoker2:

Maybe you could line the floor and still be able to put your carpet over the top of it when you're done swamping your Xterra? You could leave your carpet at home so that it will stay clean.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 11:52 AM   #32
rhombus
AF Enthusiast

Not that hardcore really.
It does not take much to get muddy water inside the X.
Once it is in, well it sucks.

I agree with keeping the carpet. But the reality is that I doubt that I will be selling the X anytime soon so I'm not concerned with resale value.

In this pic I was trying to get into a recovery position to help out a stuck D-90 and well slipped .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water_x.jpg (65.2 KB, 95 views)
rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 07:39 PM   #33
Goliath the X
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Goliath the X Send a message via Yahoo to Goliath the X
I don't think it is that hardcore at all. It's a preventive measure. I havn't swamped my X and I hope I never do. I like the idea of getting rid of the carpent for something more durable. Carpet gets stained and dirty looking. It would be so easy to pull the plug and pour a gallon of water on the floor board, especially after weekend of wheeling with constant rain. ECXC2000 was 3 day with 3 days of rain, lots of mud in the truck....
MAXC
Goliath the X is offline   Reply With Quote