Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Hennick Motors in Central City, Iowa

Time for a good review, there's not enough of those on here!

I just bought a 2004 Chevy Cavalier from Hennick Motors in Central City, Iowa. I found the car listed on cars.com and sent the owner an e-mail. I didn't get a response for two days, so when the weekend rolled around I took the 20 mile drive not knowing anything about it or even if they still had it. When I got there, nobody was there, so I left (a bit disapointed) and stopped at the gas station to get something to drink, and to empty the coffee I had drank earlier. Since it's a small town, I asked the gas station employeee behind the counter if he knew anything about the dealer or why nobody was there during their posted business hours. He was nice enough to make a few phone calls for me, and eventually contacted the owner. Turns out the owner was sick, but he actually called in an ex-employee to show me the car! The car was at a fair price (for one in excellent condition) to begin with, and after test driving it I took it to the shop I work at to give it a thourough inspection. As with any used car, there were a number of small things wrong with it, the worst of which was a leaky CV shaft seal. I added up the list price of the parts it needed, subtracted that from the sticker price, and told the guy I'd pay that much. 30 minutes later I was driving the car home! I would reccomend this dealer to anyone in the area, and if I ever buy a car from a dealer again, I will look there first.
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system

Last edited by J-Ri; 07-21-2008 at 02:55 PM.
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences