Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
bgleeson
AF Newbie

Rattle In Rear Door Area

I have a 2004 Denali. Problem is an intermittent rattle in the area of the rear doors. The noise is really irrritating and everyone that rides in the rear seat complains about it. The noise is like a metalic vibration. Both rear door panels have been removed for inspection and all components in the door have been checked for loose parts. Dealer usually says "no problem found" anyone else had a similar problem. I suspect its not in the door maybe in the pillar. Any clues?
bgleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Eggert
AF Regular

Re: Rattle In Rear Door Area

Hi, tough one.
May be a volunteer can climb around in the very back and try to locate it?
Could it be the jack equipment in the rear side compartment?
May be it is under the truck around the spare tire hanger?
Take care, Eggert
Eggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
john c barker
AF Newbie

Read door rattle

I found a rattle coming from a seatbelt buckle turned outward and rattling against the column next to the seat. I just flipped the belt inward and it stopped. There was another rattle, this time it was the third row seat center floor lock. The floor lock mounts have tape wrapped around them so they don't rattle when they are locked into the floor. The center one was missing the soundproofing tape. I re-did them. Now when the seat is locked down, there is no rattle.
john c barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
bgleeson
AF Newbie

Re: Read door rattle

I have had those rattles too. I make a point when anyone gets out of the vehicle to reach over and make sur ethe seatbelt is in the right spot. I have also had the squeek in the 3rd row seat and fixed it in the same manner as you did.

I am a bit of a nut for rattles, most people say just turn up the radio and you won't hear.

I have had three of these vehicles so far and all of them have had really anoying rattles. The last one had a sun roof rattle that the dealer could hear but could never fix.

I think it may be something on the outside of the vehile that transmitts through the body like a loose peice of trim.

I will try a few things to see if I am right.

Anyway thanks for the reply.
bgleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
griegjo1
AF Newbie

I have the same 2004 Denali and had the same annoying rattling coming from the rear right side door. I confirmed that the noise was coming from that door by opening the door and pounding on the door with my hand. I then took off the panel and could get rid of the noise by holding or supporting the plastic door handle release assembly. I removed the assembly and placed some duct tape between the assembly and the door body and have not heard this noise since.
griegjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon