Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
3000GT4ME
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 3000GT4ME
Just replaced engine...

Hello all... i dont know how many people are still here that were here about 5 months ago... the stupid dealership has had my GT since then (yes i was dumb enough to take my car to the dealership!). Well anyways lets start from the begining... i graduated from hich school last june.. got about 2000 in cash from the rents and such. A week later my cylinders in the clutch, the entire clutch hydrolics went out, that cost 600 too replace.. then a week after that my clutch goes thats another 1200. A week after that my engine goes.. thats 2000 for a engine and 3000 for work. Now i am so far indebt that i dont know what to do. I am finally getting it back today and i just want to sell it to get out of debt. Does anyone have any idea where the best place to advertise would be? Is autotrader good for these cars or what? Also anyone have any idea how much i can get for my 1996 base 3000GT.. i love the thing but want a VR4 down the line and need to get out of debt.. Anyone else with horror stories like this?
3000GT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:44 AM   #2
xXxRocker5150
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xXxRocker5150
Re: Just replaced engine...

Hmmm, well as for your questions, autotrader.com and www.cars.com are both good places to sell online and I know that osokdeadeye sold his on ebay, so those are all options for you. And www.kbb.com (Ithink that's the site) should tell you exactly what it's worth (that's the kelly blue book value). Also, PM thourun, as he just sold his SL, he might be able to give you some tips, good luck and I hope your baby gets an owner she deserves
xXxRocker5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #3
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

www.autotrader.com
www.cars.com
www.ebay.com(but I wouldn't go this route)
www.3si.org

Also what year base is it, essentially SOHC or DOHC?

And as far as horror stories, they are few and far between, but I have heard some...and yours isn't the worst. How many miles were on yours and I'm assuming (because of your age) that you weren't the original owner...
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #4
3000GT4ME
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 3000GT4ME

It is the DOHC.. last year of that iwth the 96 base. It has 105,000 miles on it. I am not the original owner my stepfather was. I have been looking on autotrader and talking to people and around 8 grand is what i am looking at i guess. That still puts me at about a 3 or 4 thousand dollar loss I still want my vr4 by the end of this summer.. looks like i will have to work extra hard selling my adt systems this summer..
3000GT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:02 PM   #5
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Damn bro, that sucks. Wish you didn't have to get rid of your car but yeah, that debt does suck. Good luck with the sale of your car....
sLADe781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #6
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Sounds to me like you got jipped, what the heck is a "Cylinder in the clutch"? you mean your clutch wore out? or your slave cylinder and master cylinder went out (not in the clutch, they opperate independently of the transmission and are external from the clutch). $600 to reapair? a master cyl. is $120, slave is $40, labor is like two hours at $25 and hour that is $210.00.
your clutch just "went". thats just bad, and for $1200.00 I would hope you got a stage III ACT clutch in there. Gateway just had a new RPS street performance installed in his VR-4 and it ran him like $1100.00 total.
and the engine just "goes"? WTH? do you even know why? did your timing belt break? conecting rod? overheated? an engine does not just go, it usually is critical failure of one of few components but even then can be repaired without need of a new block. If you really had to drop a new engine I would hope it was because your cranck shaft got loose and broke throught the block and landed on your driveway. if not then I'm sorry but I just think you've been shafted time and again by mechanics and the dealer!
good luck selling it ma, I hate to see people sell thier 3KGTs cause we are already very few and it sucks to see a fellow 3ser go!

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.

In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Musashi3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth