Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 01:17 PM   #1
03Tibby
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 03Tibby
Post DYNAMAT? how well does it work?

How well does dynamat work? i am looking at getting 2 jl 13w7's in, i plan on putting dynamat in my trunk, how much will it help, and should i plan on doing the doors too, or wont it matter? please reply
03Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

Yeah you should definetly get dynamat especially with two W7's. My friends got two Alpine Type R's and they rattle his honda alot with no dynamat. as for the doors, dynamat them just to make sure.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:47 PM   #3
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: DYNAMAT? how well does it work?

it will help a ton, I just finished fatmatting my car today and the difference is night and day

Instead of posting everything here I'll just link you to the thread I made on b15sentra
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...threadid=69886

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 03:46 AM   #4
carabuser
AF Newbie

Re: Re: DYNAMAT? how well does it work?

sr20de4evr,
man, thats a nice job you did over there. I would go with option 2 also, do the rest of the car.

i have a question for you though, did you get the fatmat kit from their website? or there's a cheaper place to buy them? thanks
carabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 11:06 PM   #5
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: DYNAMAT? how well does it work?

I got the 100sqft pack from http://fatmat.com for $125 shipped

As far as I know that's the only place to get it other than ebay maybe. After driving for 7hrs today I realized I hate my sunglass holder. Next weekend I'll probably fatmat the hell out of that, both A and B pillars, and the floor. I might do the roof as well, not sure yet.

Road noise is almost gone, when driving 60 down the freeway I dropped it to N and let the rpm die down and it was just silence. It's amazing how much of a difference this can make.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
Old 10-26-2003, 02:35 AM   #6
carabuser
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: DYNAMAT? how well does it work?

are you sure you don't work for the marketing dpt. of fatmat? cuz after your posts I'm getting a roll of that and my friend will also get one for himself after I tell him about this stuff
carabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 07:13 AM   #7
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane
Re: Re: Re: Re: DYNAMAT? how well does it work?

How hard is it to properly install this stuff? I have a Jeep Cherokee and want to line the inside of my roof and the sides of the car with this stuff
Haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #8
No-Townhustla
AF Enthusiast

Nice job I orderd some fatmat a couple days ago of ebay and it is prety cheap. Do you think I can do my civics doors and trunk with 36 Sq ft,?
No-Townhustla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 05:55 PM   #9
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DYNAMAT? how well does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carabuser
are you sure you don't work for the marketing dpt. of fatmat? cuz after your posts I'm getting a roll of that and my friend will also get one for himself after I tell him about this stuff

haha, yeah I'm just a college student trying to find the cheapest crap that still works

It's pretty easy to install, though I did sit there for close to 10 min looking back and forth between my stripped trunk and the roll of fatmat wondering where to begin. Once you get going it goes pretty smoothly. Make sure you get a roller, mine broke halfway through the trunk install and I had to use my hands. My fingers sure payed the toll on that move, they got shredded pretty bad.

It took me 50sqft exactly to do my trunk and front doors, with 36 I would start on the doors and make sure you finish those, because they will make the most difference. Then get to work on the trunk, if you run out no big deal, it doesn't make as much of a difference in the trunk as it does in the doors. Just make sure you do the trunk lid to keep it from vibrating.

'05 Silver WRX STi